What is NewCo?
"NewCo" (short for "New Company") is a new DTC (direct-to-consumer) start-up venture being incubated by Harry's. Over the past year, Harry's has identified and vetted an exciting opportunity to create a new brand and business in an underserved CPG (consumer packaged goods) category. They are now gearing up to launch and looking to hire a team to build and run the business, revolutionize another category and improve the experience of millions of people. NewCo is currently in pre-launch stealth mode and will be spun-off as an independent company before the brand launches.
About the Role
The Senior Full Stack Engineer will be one of the key early-stage members of NewCo and will be responsible for building and iterating our e-commerce experience. Since NewCo is a DTC business, this is a critical role to driving growth. You will be responsible for bringing our brand and products to life on the web by partnering with product and an external design/development agency to build the launch version of our website. Post launch, you will be challenged with complex problems ranging from implementing new features within our subscription e-commerce stack (Shopify & Recharge) to translating imaginative creative experiences into conversion-friendly landing pages.
Who you are:
As the first engineering hire at NewCo, you are eager to play an instrumental role in shaping our culture and capabilities as a tech-enabled CPG startup. You thrive in a collaborative environment that practices lean, user-centered, Agile software development. You are a full-stack web developer with experience developing custom themes on Shopify. You are excited about how your responsibilities will evolve and expand over time as our company grows and realizes our vision to become a category leader. You are a lifelong learner who enjoys picking up new technologies and ways of working. You're seeking to drive tangible impact in your next career opportunity. Experience working at an early-stage startup or in environments of fast change and ambiguity is a plus.
What you will accomplish:
(What will this person be responsible for? What does success look like?)
* Collaborate with Product and an external design/development agency to build the launch version of our website on Shopify and Recharge, ensuring a smooth transition from external to in-house development as our agency engagement comes to an end
* Post-launch, deliver high-quality software in the form of enhancements and new features on a continuous basis
* Partner with internal stakeholders (e.g., Product, Growth, Creative) to shape our outcome-oriented digital product roadmap
* Implement technical capabilities to help grow and understand our business, including but not limited to A/B testing, data visualization, and behavioral analytics
* Conduct cross-browser and cross-device testing to ensure high-quality production experiences
* Help make key decisions to evolve our tech stack as our company finds product-market fit and then undergoes rapid growth
* 4+ years experience in full stack web development
* Experience building Shopify custom themes and features
* Deep understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and code solutions
* Write clean, readable code and tests
* Experience in profiling site performance and monitoring
* Passion for working collaboratively and cross-functionally
Nice to Have Qualifications:
* Experience building websites that adhere to ADA accessibility standards
* Passion for new e-commerce technologies and frameworks (e.g., headless Shopify, JAMstack)
* Understanding of Google Analytics/Google Tag Manager or other analytics and marketing platforms
About Harry's & NewCo:
Harry's Inc. started in 2013 as a grooming brand with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry's expanded to the UK, transformed our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women's brand called Flamingo. Now, Harry's vision is to build a next generation CPG company by investing in and building a portfolio of modern brands across multiple categories.
Harry's has identified an exciting opportunity to build a new brand and business ("NewCo") in an underserved CPG category. They are now looking to hire a team to build and run that business, revolutionize another category, and improve the experience of millions of people. As part of the early stage team at NewCo, you will have the unique opportunity to help build a company from the ground up, but with the support and guidance of experts that have done it before and with the backing of world-class investors.
Harry's is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
Harry's is a company that manufactures and sells shaving equipment via mail order.