Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it's for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you'll be exposed to both new and current technology while building innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and deliver player value.
Are you passionate about building great user experiences or high-performance microservices? Are you up for a diverse set of challenges? Do you want to have global impact? If so, you've come to the right place.
The mission of the New Content & Distribution (NCD) team is to empower League of Legends players to truly own their game experience. We deliver the in-client store, loot and game flows that enable players to unlock their favorite champions, skins, emotes and more. Our roadmap is stacked with awesome content and features
NCD is a multidisciplinary team and we are looking for passionate people to level-up our org. Our crew is made up of artists, designers, engineers, product managers, delivery managers, QA analysts, and data scientists. Our tech spans from 2D/3D artist tools and game engine development, to UI and microservices that scale to handle hundreds of millions of players around the world.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you'll contribute in one or more of the following key areas depending on your interests, experience and skill set:
* Develop UI on the League Client
* Design and enhance League microservices
* Lead architecture requirements and design
* Write unit and integration tests
* Code reviews
* Enhance build and deployment tooling
* Improve product visibility through monitoring and alerting
In time, you'll provide mentorship to other engineers, create and develop documentation for ongoing support, and participate in an on-call rotation to provide support and maintain high availability for our products and services.
But That's Not All ...
Hey, this is a game company and we take play seriously. As a Rioter, you'll get to participate in many fun activities, including: team games, playtests, hackathons, presentations from experts within the company and invited speakers, company events, afternoon snack time, coffee at the Bilgewater Cafe and more.
We look for engineers who are subject matter experts in developing consumer facing web UI, building RESTful services or backend tooling. Ideal candidates will have experience creating feature-rich apps and/or deploying services in high-volume, highly-available environments. We are open to engineers from a variety of backgrounds, but having strong CS fundamentals is a must. You take ownership and are capable of end-to-end delivery. You strive for high-quality and you understand how to monitor and fine-tune systems for performance.
* 8+ years experience as a full-stack software engineer with at least two years of this time spent as a technical lead in web-based UI and/or microservice development is required.
* 6+ years experience in web-based UI or microservice development is required. Ideal candidates will have at least 3 years in both focus areas.
* Experience designing, writing and launching new web-based UI and/or microservices.
* Experience adding features to existing web-based UI and/or microservices and improving code quality and stability of legacy software.
* Experience maintaining and supporting production UI and/or microservices with large user-bases and/or that exist as components of larger, more complex applications.
* Demonstrably strong CS fundamentals and programming skills.
* Experience implementing best-practices in software design, code reviews, code linting and analysis, automated testing, continuous integration.
* Expertise in operational best-practices, skilled at implementing automated builds, software packaging, automated deployments, logging, monitoring, automated-alerting
* Proven ability to mentor engineers in CS fundamentals, programming skills, software engineering, technical writing, scoping, planning and prioritization.
* Able to deliver under pressure and assist teammates in delivering under pressure.
* Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams of 10 or more people.
* Experience creating and maintaining technical design and operational documentation
* Experience speaking & presenting to groups.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
About Riot Games
Riot Games is a global company that develops online games.