Imagine working on a global communication network that's used by 3.7 billion people and every day more than a quarter trillion messages cross this network. There's just one problem: Because authentication isn't built into this platform, nobody can be certain who is sending most of these messages. This gap means that companies are vulnerable to a whole host of attacks on their employees, partners, and customers. Whether it's wire fraud, W-2 thefts, or "fake news" in an attempt to destroy a brand, companies have been powerless to protect themselves against these impersonation attacks.
Valimail solves this problem. We've built a revolutionary platform on top of open standards - DMARC, DKIM, and SPF - that for the first time makes it possible for any organization to protect itself against email impersonation. Valimail pioneered the notion of automated email authentication, with innovative components like our DNS-based Authenticator (including our patented Instant SPF). Our system enables organizations to authenticate their email quickly, easily, and reliably.
We're committed to building a more trusted email ecosystem by being a leader in Email Authentication as a Service. As part of that commitment, we're active participants in the open source and standards communities. We're co-authors of open standards like ARC and BIMI, and contribute to a variety of open source projects that serve the wider community.
As Valimail's newest Senior Full-Stack Engineer, you'll be a major contributor to the company's success. You'll share in the design, development, and deployment of major pieces of the Valimail system. Your technical contributions will help protect dozens of brands, authenticate hundreds of millions of emails every day, and protect people all over the world from fraud.
If you like the idea of working on planetary-scale messaging systems with some of the latest tools and making a difference in the lives of half the world's population, we'd love to talk to you.
What You'll be Doing
* Developing new features throughout the Valimail system and owning those features from inception to production.
* Upcoming projects include better automation and analysis of email authentication report data, APIs to support partner integration.
* Build out our system for secure and automated DKIM key distribution.
* Working with the team to plan, scale, and manage the Valimail operational environment.
* Experience building large-scale production web applications.
* Experience building, provisioning, and deploying services in the cloud (ideally AWS) in an automated fashion.
* A commitment to automated testing, push-button deployment, and configuration management through IT automation.
* The ability to work effectively at all levels of the stack - from front-end to application tier to ops.
* A willingness to jump in and experiment with new technologies, and to get out of your comfort zone.
* An understanding of the various components at the network layer.
* Additional experience with Go is a plus.
* Specific experience with real-world DNS and/or email authentication standards is a plus.
* Passion for security
Check out our award winning culture here: https://www.valimail.com/careers/engineers/
* Best Places to Work 2018
Valimail is the trusted leader in fully automated email authentication, with the only comprehensive platform for anti-impersonation, brand protection, and compliance used by corporations and federal agencies such as Uber, Fannie Mae, WeWork, and the U.S. Agency for International Development. Valimail Enforce is the only FedRAMP-authorized email authentication service and, because it uses no personally identifiable information (PII), it is also GDPR compliant. Valimail authenticates billions of messages a month for some of the world's biggest companies, in finance, government, transportation, health care, manufacturing, media, technology, and more. Valimail is based in San Francisco. For more information visit www.Valimail.com.