Senior Full Stack Developer
Dallas, TX, USA
Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, is defining the future of the security industry through innovative end-to-end-solutions. We're changing the landscape of the surveillance industry through advanced award-winning AI based surveillance systems. Artificial Intelligence is transforming the world and our team is advancing the field as it applies to the surveillance industry. We are proud to be industry leaders in video analytics with products like Appearance Search and Unusual Motion Detection along with our recently launched Avigilon Blue cloud service platform. You will have the opportunity to contribute to intelligent camera surveillance systems through cutting edge research and software engineering.
Avigilon's solutions have been installed in more than 120 countries at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
Avigilon is seeking a Senior Full Stack Developer for our Cloud applications team. This person should be passionate about development of awesome web applications and have a strong desire to go above and beyond the basic requirements.
Our Senior Full Stack Developer works within a team of iOS, Android, and front-end and backend engineers all whom are responsible for evaluating tools and technologies, prototyping and engineering our cloud platform. Our Microsoft Azure hosted cloud platform, Avigilon Blue, transmits data in real-time from our clients' command centers and allows for immediate reviewing of analytic data occurrences which ultimately creates a safer, happier physical environment. Sounds pretty cool, right?
If you possess loads of passion for creating cutting-edge technologies (shout out to cloud computing, application development, and all things modern), have strong technical acumen, believe to work with integrity, and enjoy an excelled collaborative environment, you will be the perfect fit for Avigilon.
This position is located in our downtown Dallas office.
* Create cutting edge web applications using React focused on usability, responsiveness, configuration, and presentation of data through visualizations
* Leverage current technologies to build modern, functional, responsive web clients using React
* Evaluate and utilize the latest concepts, tools, and technologies
* Peer review code for adherence to coding standards and design guidelines
* Collaborate with UX and visual designers on proposed designs
* Collaborate with the Automation and Test team on identifying test cases for new features and regression testing
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
* Experience developing production quality consumer-facing React applications using tools; Redux, yarn, npm
* Experience in building and maintaining CI/CD pipeline in different environments
* Experience in cloud deployment and containers (familiarity with Azure, AWS, Docker and Kubernetes)
* You are equally excited to build a minimum viable product as you are cementing a feature in maintainable and tested code
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to produce clear, concise documentation
Nice to have:
* Experience with Microsoft Azure
* Object Oriented Development
* Entity Framework
* Building real-time applications using technologies like Websockets, Socket.io, SignalR
Perks of Working at Avigilon:
As a full-time employee of Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes a competitive salary with full benefits including extended health, dental, vision, paid vacation and holidays, 401K, eligible to participate in TechTalks, Hackathons, etc.