Senior Full Stack Developer
At Liberty Mutual, technology isn't just a part of our business, it's what drives us forward. We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
About the job:
As we grow this culture, mindset and capability, we want you to lead this change with us. We are spinning up more Agile Lean Startup teams and we need full stack developers to join them.
In this role, you will:
* Work with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and peer developers to iteratively create technical solutions that meet business and technical requirements
* Help drive modernization efforts making use of current technologies and cloud-based microservices such as ReactJS, Node JS, Spring Boot, Docker and AWS
* Analyze technical system problems, and design and implement effective solutions
* Handle end-to-end development, including coding, testing, and debugging during each cycle
* Create applications using a server side framework
* Lead feature technical implementation
* Create and maintain technical documentation
* Executes all levels of testing (Unit, System, Integration, Regression)
* Mentors new and junior developers
What you offer:
* Above all, you bring a team-first mindset - you are the person everyone else wants to work with…
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience, technical degree preferred.
* Proficient in software engineering languages and tools; ability to develop on multiple platforms.
* Strong negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills.
* Strong oral and written communication skills; presentation skills.
* Knowledge of the following: IT concepts, strategies, methodologies.
* Experience working with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Test Engineers)
* Versed in diverse technologies and new technical architecture principles and concepts including extensive knowledge in microservices, layered systems architectures solutions and designs and shared software concepts.
* Business function(s) and I/T industry business issues; extensive knowledge of business operations, strategies and objectives. Strong in multiple programming languages and tools.
* Demonstrates knowledge and active pursuit of optimizing CI/CD process and tools, testing frameworks and practices (GitHub, Jenkins/Bamboo, etc.)
* Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker.
* Consultative skills, including the ability to understand and apply customer requirements, including drawing out unforeseen implications and making recommendations for design, the ability to define design reasoning, understanding potential impacts of design requirements.
* Understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, and incremental delivery.
* Strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required.
* Identify and recommend appropriate continuous improvement opportunities
Benefits & Culture:
At Liberty Mutual's Boston Tech Hub we embrace all of the values of our Fortune 100 company and push our practices and technology skill sets to the next level. In our Digital organization, we are an Agile set of teams dedicated to helping impact the lives of thousands of customers every day. We embrace a modern co-working style with exceptional work/life balance, ergonomic work areas, substantial benefits, and best-in-class amenities; we are headquartered at our new WeWork space on Boylston Street in Back Bay.
Liberty Mutual is one of America's Best Employers for Diversity and one of the Best Employers for Women http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacesToWorkforWomen one of the Best Employers for New Grads http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacesforNewGrads and one of the Best Places to Work http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacestoWork . We offer excellent benefits for our employees including generous parental leave, retirement plans including 401k and pension, education reimbursement, commuter benefits, college savings plans, and much more.
To learn more about our benefit offerings and culture please visit: