Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that literally make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Senior Full Stack Architect
IBM Marketing Platform Engineering team is looking for a senior full stack architect and developer to architect, develop and implement an enterprise Digital Asset Management (DAM) system for IBM Marketing and enterprise.
In this role, you will be participating in the technical evaluation, implementation and integration of a large scale DAM system that will be used for managing IBM Marketing as well as enterprise digital assets such as images, videos, PDFs and more.
* Evaluation of the industry leading Digital Asset Management (DAM) products and solutions
* Development and implementation of a strategic DAM platform
* Integration of the DAM platform with other cloud-based or on-premises applications
* On-going support and maintenance the DAM platform and all its interfaces
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
* At least 5 years of experience in all phases of software development lifecycle in large scale, distributed, and services oriented systems
* 5+ years of experience in developing high performing, large, accessible web applications
* 3+ years of experience in development of digital and media asset management and delivery systems
* Experience building large application architecture and frameworks
* Experience in HTML, CSS, XML and JSON
* Design and Development of RESTful web services
* API development and integration testing (for integration with enterprise systems and 3rd party SaaS applications)
* Design and implementation of NoSQL databases (CouchDB or Cloudant)
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
* 7 + years of experience in all phases of software development lifecycle in large scale, distributed, and services oriented systems
* Data migration, transformation, and scripting
* Proficient in DevOps tools such as GitHub and Travis CI
* Design and development of the application for maximum performance and scalability in a Cloud, services-based architecture
* Implementation of security and data protection
* Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
About Business Unit
At IBM Cognitive Applications, we build open applications that unlock the power of data for clients, partners, and developers. Running on top of IBM's unique Hybrid, Multicloud and AI infrastructures, these applications work across horizontal domains and bring our technology to life for end users. Cognitive Applications unit includes: Watson Customer Engagement, Watson IoT, Watson Media and Weather, Talent & Collaboration, and IBM Developer teams
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Master's Degree Commissionable: No
Key Job Details
* State:NEW YORK
* City:NEW YORK
* Category:Software Development & Support
* Required Education:Bachelor's Degree
* Position Type:Professional
* Employment Type:Full-Time
* Contract Type:Regular
* Req ID:243418BR
* Location:NEW YORK, NY US