Take Yahoo and AOL, fuse them and you get a media and technology company operating at massive global scale. It takes powerful technology to connect our combined media brands and partners with an audience of 1 billion. Nearly half of Oath's employees are building the code and platforms that help us achieve that. And we're only getting bigger. Whether you're looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process 4 trillion data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business-and the world. Want in? Millions of people vist the Yahoo homepage for news, sports, finance, email, and more.
A Little About Us
We are the Yahoo Entertainment Group aiming to rebuild from the ground up with innovative interactive content, gamification, and commerce elements. To achieve these experiences, we will also be building game-changing content creation tools that are shifting industry standards. We span across territories in North America, Europe and Asia, and we are rapidly growing. We are the heart of what drives the "Superchannels" of Yahoo, and leading the way across the entertainment world.
Working in Yahoo Entertainment is an adventure in delivering first class experiences across multiple devices at a scale hard to find anywhere else on the planet. Our continuous integration platform allows us to automatically test and release code several times a day. It's fun finishing a feature and seeing it live with millions of users an hour later.
A Lot About You
You are a motivated engineer who is passionate about software development and building high quality products. Someone who thrives on working with a team of smart, talented engineers. You can both take and give constructive feedback, and enjoy active team discussions. You are someone who enjoys challenging work, and is curious and driven. You can help us take our products to the next level.
As a senior engineer you will play a key role on the team, responsible for all stages of software development. You will work with skilled product owners, designers, and engineers to collect requirements, define feature sets, and build scalable and reliable web products seen and used by millions of people. You should have solid experience architecting, developing, and delivering dynamic web applications with modern web concepts and technologies.
* Bachelors or greater in Computer Science or equivalent
* 5+ years of software development experience
* 3+ years of web application development experience using JS, CSS, HTML
* Direct experience architecting and developing scalable web applications with modern JS frameworks (React, Angular, etc) and tools (Webpack, etc)
* Comfortable working on server-side and/or deeply collaborating with backend teams
* Strong command of cross-browser compatibility issues, rendering differences, and progressive enhancement strategies
* Working knowledge of web performance and optimization techniques
* Good web security knowledge (Cross Site Scripting, SQL Injection, Input Validation)
* Good project management skills, and ability to work on multiple projects at once
* Well versed with unit testing & debugging techniques, particularly with front-end code
* Continued learning of industry standards and trends
* Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork
Nice To Have
* Experience with other related web programming languages (Python, Java, etc)
* Experience developing RESTful APIs
* Knowledge of database design and management
* Understanding of OS fundamentals, command line tools, and basic shell scripting
* Experience working with cloud infrastructure (AWS, etc)
* Experience with containerization technology (Docker, etc)
* Experience with CI/CD (Jenkins, etc)
Oath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Oath is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or participate in the application process.
Currently work for Oath? Please apply on our internal career site.
About Verizon Media
Verizon Media (formerly Oath) is a company operating media, technology, and communication brands.