Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the intimidating barriers around financial transactions to make them intuitive, friendly, and even fun. And it worked: people love sending money with Venmo, and we're growing by leaps and bounds!
Engineering at Venmo
Engineering is a craft, and at Venmo we want the internals of our software to be as elegant as the end user experience we are designing.
The Engineering Team at Venmo is a tightly-knit group of contributors, service owners, architects, managers, and operations. We spend our days scaling our platform and building features that are data-driven and human-centered. We teach and learn from one another, and push each other to be at our creative and analytical bests.
Senior Frontend Software Engineer
The Internal Tools team is responsible for the applications and services that are critical to Venmo's operations, including Fraud and Venmo customer support. As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will assist us in creating delightful user experiences for our internal customers. You will build innovative, problem-solving software from the ground up that will power our team that is growing rapidly in the US and internationally. The apps we build directly help our colleagues support and protect Venmo users.
The Internal Tools team is looking for self-motivated software engineers to join the team and help build low-latency, high-throughput web applications to grow our new platform. The ideal candidate will be a web developer with strong experience in React.JS with proficiency in HTML/CSS and supporting front-end technologies like ReactJS.
What You'll Do
* Design and development of frontend features and components for bespoke internal web applications
* Develop frontend architecture and influence implementation that is aligned with business objectives
* Iterate with our UX and Product teams in an agile environment to bring features from conception to launch
* Collaborate with Platform, Infrastructure and InfoSec teams to ensure web apps operate at scale and meet security requirements
* Write clean, high-quality code and tests while keeping the user experience fast and reliable
* Reduce the level of technical debt of the web codebase
* Build the optimal design and model for the UI that incorporates responsive design and accessibility concerns
* Help triage bugs, track software defects, and ensure their timely resolution
* Lead and participate in development life cycle activities like design, coding, testing and production release
* Define and steward technical standards and code quality
* Conduct peer code reviews for pull requests
* Provide mentorship to fellow Web engineers
What We're Looking For
* 3+ years of experience building single page applications with popular JS frameworks and libraries (React, Angular, Ember, Babel, Webpack, Underscore, etc.).
* Experience with test automation: TDD, unit/integration/functional testing.
* Experience with HTML5, CSS3, Sass, Bootstrap, and cross-browser and device development.
* Have a passion for quality and writing clean, solid, readable code that scales and performs well. Strong desire to learn, push the envelope, and share knowledge with others.
* Strong communication skills with the ability to understand and explain technical issues to a non-technical audience
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.