Amazon Senior Frontend Development Engineer
The AWS Transit Gateway launched at the annual AWS re:Invent conference in 2018. We are a highly visible group in the organization and have an exciting roadmap ahead of us. We are located in Herndon, VA in the Washington D.C metro area, a strategic growth location for Amazon.
AWS Transit Gateway/EC2 Networking is looking for a Senior Software FrontEnd Engineer to help lead the next generation of innovation in cloud based infrastructure services. The team owns the full stack for the Transit Gateway product - the front-end console and API experience, the backend provisioning and monitoring services, and the core data plane Network Function Virtualization (NFV) platform that supports the packet processing functionality.
The ideal candidate will have 10 plus years' experience, be passionate about the potential of cloud computing as well as about building resilient, scalable and high-performance distributed services. They can balance technical leadership with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices. They are comfortable in dealing with ambiguity, thinking big, and painting a bold vision for the team. They are excited to collaborate with extremely intelligent, motivated, and high-performance engineers. They have an ability to prioritize well and communicate clearly. We operate at scale and on critical workloads, so a passion and discipline around operational excellence is key. A high level of ownership and accountability is a must. We obsess over our customer, and require the candidate to share our passion in building and owning a product that delights our customers.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we "Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History." On a "typical" day, software engineers might whip up a prototype to prove or disprove an idea, instrument code to report a new metric, talk with customers, code up a feature, or draft a proposal for a radical new idea.
Candidates will demonstrate knowledge in the following disciplines:
* You understand the design aspects of usability, performance, internationalization and localization, cross-browser compatibility, obfuscation and optimization.
* You have a working knowledge of UI design principles and are able to apply style guides to new interfaces.
* You work in collaboration with UI designers on application interface and interactivity.
* You understand how to troubleshoot web applications.
* You recognize and adopt best practices in software development: design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, and operations.
* You have working knowledge of relational databases and backend architecture and languages (Java, Python, or C++).
* You have a working knowledge of the latest UI technologies, frameworks and concepts including HTML 5, React/Angular/Vue, REST, AJAX, and responsive design.
* You can define APIs and integrate them into usable web applications.
* You solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
* You develop pragmatic solutions. You build flexible/scalable systems and choose simple, straightforward solutions over more complex ones. Where existing solutions are known, you use them.
* You understand fundamental data structures and algorithms and know how, when and why to use them.
* You anticipate and prevent future problems from occurring.
* You design and implement features that enable screen readers to interpret what is displayed on the screen for a visually impaired user.
* You recognize and utilize user interface design patterns to solve business problems with highly accessible and usable web applications.
* You build an understanding of what users do and why they do it to ensure the solution meets their needs and is fit for purpose
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.