Artificial Intelligence (AI) is transforming the world in almost every industry. Everyone knows only high-quality annotated training data can produce the most accurate machine learning solutions. However, creating training data with high-quality in a scalable way is very challenging and very few companies can do it. Even less can do it well, which is why businesses across all industries trust Figure Eight.
In March 2019, Figure Eight was acquired by Appen. Together, Appen and Figure Eight combine the best of human and machine intelligence to provide high-quality annotated training data that powers the world's most innovative machine learning (ML) and business solutions. The Figure Eight platform enables ML and data-driven business solutions to scale across a diverse set of industries including retail, automotive, finance, manufacturing, agriculture, life sciences, robotics, and more. The Figure Eight platform transforms audio, video, text, and images into high-quality annotated data to support a variety of use cases ranging from computer vision and search relevance to data categorization and natural language processing (NLP). Learn more at www.figure-eight.com.
About the Role
Figure Eight users range from engineers and data scientists to subject matter experts creating training data for machine learning. You will be working on the most important problems in technology today: how can humans and AI collaborate to solve important and sometimes complicated tasks?
As a member of our Core Team, you will design and build user interfaces that provide the best experience for our users, whether that's collecting and managing training data for AI models, evaluating the performance of the machine learning models used by that data, or building infrastructure for managing data pipelines. Specifically, you will work on annotation tools for 2D and 3D images, video, text, and audio annotation that combine human input (eg: bounding boxes on objects) and Machine Learning input (eg: automatic object tracking in videos). You will be on a cross-functional team collaborating with members of the Product, Machine Learning, Dev Ops, and Backend Engineering teams.
Your work will consist of implementing new features and architecture, migrating existing features from legacy applications to a modern React-based front-end stack, and fixing bugs / maintaining existing functionality. You'll mentor less experienced developers and constantly work on improving your own skills and the quality of our code-base. For more about what we build, please visit www.figure-eight.com/overview
Our Ideal Candidate
You enjoy working on system services and infrastructure and architecting them for change & innovation. You like to work with different technologies and are passionate about learning. You take pride in designing elegant, simple solutions to challenging problems, creating quality software components, and promoting best practices for agile software development. You can work independently, take on complex problems, and enjoy mentoring less experienced developers. You are looking for a team where you can make a difference while also being challenged to improve your own skills. You have strong analytical skills, an unwavering commitment to quality, a collaborative work ethic, and cutting edge coding skills.
* Work on new features for combining human and machine intelligence.
* Migrate legacy systems (primarily RoR views) to React/Redux stack.
* Implement QA and testing strategies. Promote best practices for writing maintainable code.
* Design and implement the API orchestration layers for our web clients.
* Participate actively in setting standards for/innovating architecture and selecting criteria for tools/tech stack.
* Work closely with members of other development teams to ensure seamless integration between frontend and backend services.
* Be obsessive about security, quality, and performance.
* 4+ years of experience developing commercial web applications.
* 2+ years of experience with working with Node.js platform and tools.
* 2+ years of experience with React/Redux setup.
* Experience with working with Ruby and Ruby on Rails framework would be a plus.
* Proficiency with command line and Chrome Developer Tools.
* Experience with Git, Docker, Jira, Confluence.
* Assertive "get things done" attitude.
* Experience or interest in Machine Learning. You will work closely with the team building the Machine Learning models and will be using your UX expertise to help with their research directions.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.