Whole Foods Market
The Whole Foods Market Digital Technology Team delivers web and mobile solutions that extend our customers' unique in-store experience into the digital space. We need exceptional people to build and unearth the full potential of the opportunity between Whole Foods Market and Amazon. We can't wait to start showing customers what's possible when we innovate together. Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment. As a Front-end Software Development Engineer, you will help tackle a diverse landscape of technical challenges. You will need to play an active role in understanding business requirements and develop software to meet them. You will be responsible for design, development, delivery, and support of user experiences that manage large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed applications and tools. The majority of your time will be focused on the frontend development, but you must also be able to understand and contribute to additional areas of the stack as the role requires frequent collaboration with full-stack engineers.
You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and will have the opportunity to redefine an industry while working with different teams across Whole Foods Market and Amazon. Along the way, we guarantee that you'll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on many people.Key Attributes and Responsibilities:
* You are passionate about defining and creating new products and services that will radically improve customer experiences.
* You and your delivery team take end-to-end ownership of your solutions including implementation, testing, deployment, monitoring, security, and operations.
* You love to explore unknown territory and invent simple, beautiful solutions to complex business and usability problems.
* You are highly collaborative, with a proven record of working closely with your team to influence outcomes and propose well-informed new directions.
* You have great interpersonal communication skills. You're good at finding new and better ways of communicating and sharing your work and are always fine-tuning your work for impact and transparency.
* You will build reusable, responsive, component-based web interfaces.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in a related field.
* Strong user experience design skills and attention to detail.
* Experience with responsive web design.
* Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
* Solid coding practices including peer code reviews and test automation.
* Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
* Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through project launch.
* Full-stack development experience.
* Experience with ADA standards and Web Accessibility (WCAG 2.0+).
* Experience taking a leading role in building complex front-end applications that have been successfully delivered to customers.
* Strong understanding of Object-Oriented Programming concepts and design.
* Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
* Experience mentoring junior engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective software engineers.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.
About Whole Foods Market
Whole Foods Market is engaged in the business of natural and organic foods supermarket.