Senior Front End Engineer
Shiftgig is transforming the way people work. We offer on-demand workforce management solutions that help you attract and retain your workforce with ease. Want to increase worker engagement and retention? Our platform helps you match workers with available shifts that align with their skills, location and performance history.
We are leveraging the latest technologies to advance our mission of connecting millions of workers with millions of shifts. Join us as we build modern React web apps that enable clients to manage work and gig workers. As a senior FE developer, you'll work with a team of engineers to release performant, maintainable web apps into production at a high, iterative velocity.
Role & Responsibilities:
We're a small team of developers, with a core in Chicago and supporting devs around the world. You'll help ensure that all FE code written meets the same standard of quality, and all developers are empowered to work to the best of their capabilities.
This role consists of working closely with product and UX to ensure roadmap goals are expressed in our UI, and that features are built in a clean, consistent, iterative way. You'll also help migrate a few remaining legacy views from our Backbone.js apps to a new, unified React codebase.
Our FE developers write back-end code too! We're developing a microservice architecture based on AWS services like Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS, and API Gateway. All developers at Shiftgig can (and do!) write services, and we encourage you to be empowered to not only work with our API developers, but on API code itself as needed.
* A good understanding of ES6 best practices
* React 16+
* RESTful API knowledge
* Experience with Agile practices
* Experience working with project managers and UX to write bounded, clear technical stories
* Working with QA and PM to test stories
* Experience working in a team, performing code reviews, and coaching and assisting developers in-office and abroad
Nice- to- haves
* Redux and Redux-saga. Immutable data store knowledge
* Experience with Webpack
* Experience with Python
* Willingness to work closely with API engineers to design new endpoints
* Knowledge of AWS services, particularly: Lambda, RDS (PostgreSQL), DynamoDB, API Gateway, S3, CloudFront, SNS, and SQS
* HRA - Health Reimbursement Account
* HSA - set up a Health Savings Account
* 90% Dental Coverage
* 100% Vision Care Coverage
* Healthcare Flexible Spending Account
* Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
* Parking and Transportation Spending Account
* 401(K) Retirement Plan
Shiftgig is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Connecting service industry people with funny and informative content, jobs, and each other.