From its earliest days, Instructure has developed and deployed superior, easy-to-use software and we're about to do it again. In our continued fight against shoddy software, we're preparing to develop a new product and need your help. If you're passionate about more effective education that allows people to make new discoveries, share knowledge, and do big things then we should talk.
What's it like to work at Instructure? Our product team doesn't throw spec documents over an imaginary wall only to have engineering build something and throw it over another wall to QA. Our teams are collaborative - we sit together, brainstorm together, and build together because we believe that's the only way to develop superior software. We're committed to innovation - so much so, in fact, that we hold quarterly hack weeks to let individuals and teams build pet projects and aim for the fences with radical new ideas.
What We Do:
* We're building innovative web applications. By leveraging single page application design, ES6, React/Redux, CSS3, and other cutting edge technologies, we hope to bring the richness of native desktop and mobile apps to the web.
* We use the latest tools to support progressive browsers and companies: you can leave your IE6 hacks at home.
* We are cloud native. For this job, that means bringing the fault-tolerant and high availability principles that power the cloud to the front-end to deliver lightning fast, ultra-reliable applications that delight our users.
What We Look For:
* Breadth of experience across languages and frameworks.
* Production experience with modern JS frameworks like React or Angular 2.
* Capable communicators passionate about product development and user experience.
* Autodidacts who love continual learning and exploration.
* Engineering leaders who care about coding standards and writing lean, maintainable software.
* 7+ years of professional software development experience.
* BS or greater in Computer Science preferred (but definitely not required).
GET IN ON ALL THE AWESOME AT INSTRUCTURE:
* Competitive salary, equity, and 401k
* Employee stock purchase plan
* 100% paid medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
* HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
* Tuition reimbursement
* Commuter allowance
* Paid time off, 9 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
* Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking
* Latest software and tools with top of the line equipment
We've always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn't catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.