At Kensho, we hire talented people and give them the autonomy and support needed to build amazing technology and products. To do this, we look for people who insist on a bias towards action to minimize unhelpful hierarchy and process. We collaborate using our teammates' diverse perspectives to solve hard problems. Our communication with one another is open, honest and efficient. We dedicate time and resources to explore new ideas and, as a result, we produce technology that is scalable, robust, and useful.
As a Senior Front End Engineer, you are strategic, collaborative, and technically strong. You are a leader who will work closely with the Team Lead to create and implement goals and objectives for the Front End team. You will architect large scale projects that impact the organization as a whole and contribute to firm-wide initiatives. You are a "go to person" on the team to solve complex problems.
We are on a mission to clarify complex data through scientific, statistical, and inspired study. We take pride in our tight-knit, highly-talented community that provides our employees with an environment to bring transparency to the biggest challenges in data.
What You'll Do
* Build, test, and deploy applications that disrupt existing niches
* Contribute to and architect internal and consumer-facing projects including a UI component library, charting abstractions, and a suite of applications
* Help create the vision for new applications and libraries
* Make architectural decisions with autonomyHelp ensure that our services are scalable, monitored, and robust
* Work closely with numerous other teams including design, back end, machine learning, data infrastructure, and core infrastructure
What We Look For
* A deep understanding of React
* At least one core expertise, such as TypeScript, performance optimization, frontend infrastructure, or data visualization
* Strong background in system design, API design, recognizing decision points, and weighing different approaches to a problem
* Strong understanding of practical algorithms and data structures
* Attention to detail and thoroughness, including documentation and testing
* Desire to build a strong, collaborative engineering culture as a code reviewer, mentor, and teammate
How to Really Get Our Attention
* Major technical contributor at a top software company
* Open-source project contributions showing thoughtfulness and initiative
* 5+ years of experience with front end technologies
* Relevant research or publications
Technologies We Like
* Development and debugging tools like Git, Sentry, and Jest
* Medical, Dental and Vision insurance with 100% premium covered
* Unlimited vacation days
* Paid Parental Leave
* 401(k) plan with employer match
* Free snacks and drinks
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
About Kensho Technologies
Kensho Technologies is a data analytics and machine intelligence company.