EC2, a part of Amazon Web Services, is a fast-growing business within Amazon that provides cost effective easy to use cloud computing resources to businesses of all sizes around the world. With AWS, you can requisition compute power, storage, databases, and many other services - paying as you go for only the resources you need.
* You understand the trade-offs between usability, performance, internationalization and localization, cross-browser compatibility, obfuscation and optimization, and cutting edge user interface implementation.
* You have a working knowledge of UI design principles and are able to apply style guides to new interface use cases.
* You work in collaboration with UI designers on website interface and interactivity.
* You understand how web applications work, perform and scale. You are comfortable with troubleshooting and problem analysis.
* You recognize and adopt best practices in front-end development: design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, and operations.
* You write high quality, maintainable, and robust code that functions well across browsers.
* You have a working knowledge of the latest UI technologies, frameworks and concepts including HTML 5, REST, jQuery, AJAX, CSS3, SOA, responsive design.
* You understand fundamental data structures and algorithms and know how, when and when not to use them.
* You recognize and utilize user interface design patterns to solve business problems with highly accessible and usable web applications.
* You build an understanding of what users do and why they do it to ensure the solution meets their needs and is fit for purpose.
If this sounds intriguing consider joining our team. You will enjoy a very competitive salary, great benefits, a work environment with an innovation culture, and exciting opportunities to make history, have great fun and be part of the fastest-growing technology company on earth.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.