We are a 150+ person team funded by top-tier firms, based in Santa Monica, CA with satellite offices in San Francisco. We are a low-key but tight-knit group of hard-working people working to fix America's broken healthcare system. Americans spend over $400 billion per year on prescriptions and too many people simply can't afford the medications they desperately need. Join GoodRx and help us solve meaningful problems that help us make people's lives better every day.
About the Role
As our front-end engineer, you'll work closely with the rest of our design, engineering, product, and data team to turn ideas into tangible user experiences. You'll combine your keen design sense, stellar front-end chops, and the right technologies, to realize these ideas and validate them with users. Your wizardry will translate design concepts into living, breathing prototypes and finished products-all to help people make sense of health decisions.
* Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
* Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications
* Write clean, fast, compatible, easy-to-use, automated-testable React JSX to realize our ideas
* Build our UI framework to help us create rich applications to interact with our data-code, widgets, and all-and help us identify and document its emergent rules
Skills & Qualifications:
* Experience: Minimum 3years developing and shipping clean, efficient, and compatible web apps, and executing with all the hard skills above
* Portfolio: A portfolio of real projects-better yet if one or two are open source you can walk us through your work on GitHub
* Training: Bachelor's degree, ideally in a technical-CS or HCI preferred. (In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience).
* Soft skills: Demonstrated (in your portfolio) eye for design and solving real-world user problems. You are passionate, kind, and have a good sense of humor. You are a talker and a white boarder, and unafraid to step into a leadership role
Good To Have:
* Python knowledge, experience with Python or R for data analysis
* Familiarity building clickable prototypes with Keynote, Balsamiq, Adobe Fireworks, or a similar tool
* Knowledge of how to build and use databases like MongoDB and MySQL and the ability to set up continuous integration, automated testing, and deployment with tools like Travis, Circle, Heroku, AppEngine, or similar
* Experience building isomorphic apps
GoodRx is America's leading prescription price transparency platform. More than 8 million people use the GoodRx website and our mobile apps each month. GoodRx helps consumers save up to 80% on their medications by delivering prices and available discounts at nearly every pharmacy in the U.S. Thousands of physicians and employees use GoodRx, and its services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, the American Heart Association, The New York Times, ABC News, AARP, Forbes and many others.