Senior Front End Developer: Technology (UX proficiency)
* Work as part of a team in an Agile/Scrum software engineering environment
* Communicate effectively with internal clients to deploy software solutions
* Work closely with product owners and program leads to shape and deliver features to customers.
* Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the software
* Manage front-end web development, code debugging and Quality Assurance
* Design systems for accessibility by low-bandwidth, mobile-only audiences and people with disabilities
* Review or update Web page content in a timely manner
* Implement web site analytics; collect and report to clients as needed
* Collaborate with team to discuss, analyze, or resolve usability issues
* Develop high performance, scalable secure and accessible applications for the web.
* Collaborate with open source communities to adapt and implement tools for the developing world
* Develop, document and implement procedures for ongoing site content management
* Create content style guidelines and manuals for management of created systems
* Stay current, and experiment with new software, frameworks, libraries, modules or approaches applicable to NDI partners or internal operations
* Develop and manage software within source code repositories such as GitHub as a part of a continuous integration/continuous delivery environment
* Gather client requirements to build and design websiteUX research as needed
* Research user/stakeholder needs to create personas and user stories
* Design content architecture, navigation, and layout of online tools based on user experience
* Assist in defining UI/UX requirements for each software development project
* Bonus points if you can
* Provide visual, graphics and web design services for NDI staff
* Manage human-centered design processes for NDI technologies and programs
* Associate's degree or a combination of education and experience in lieu of degree
* A minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience, with 3 years user interface work experience.
* Experience communicating technical information to non-technical audiences and extracting necessary details to gain information to meet the user needs and write project requirements
* Excellent customer service skills, including written and oral communications
* Ability to juggle priorities and balance timelines across multiple projects
* Experience providing time estimates on task execution within an Agile methodology
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
This job operates in an office setting in an open plan environment and may require sitting for long periods of time. The open plan environment consists of larger open spaces with less walls, offices or rooms. There can be periods of activity and talking amongst other employees that can be seen or heard more frequently in an open plan environment.
This role has regular uses of office equipment such as computers, smartphones, copiers, and scanners which involves close visual activity, fingering, grasping, and reaching. This is largely a sedentary role with heavy use of cognitive skills. At times, this position may have activities that would require the ability to lift or carry up to 25 lbs along with frequently bend, twisting, or squatting.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Core hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m however, there may be flexibility depending on department needs. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
There is no international travel associated with this role. There may be occasional local travel but rare.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. NDI does not provide sponsorship.
NDI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities (EEO) for all applicants seeking employment and NDI employees. NDI makes employment decisions based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, military status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation, educational status, unemployment status, place of residence or business, source of income, or reproductive health decision making. Additionally, harassment or discrimination based on these characteristics will not be tolerated at NDI. To perform the essential functions of this position, reasonable accommodations are available to qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified individuals who have limitations due to pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or medical related condition.