Caterpillar is investing in our digital future, and we're looking for a talented and motivated Senior Front-end Developer to build a world class platform to host a wide range of applications.
Our iconic products have evolved from mechanical work horses to highly sophisticated, and electronically-controlled worksite solutions. This transformation, along with our smart factories and our integrated dealer network, has a wealth of data ready to be leveraged by our customers and our dealers. We're generating innovative solutions from millions of data points and hundreds of thousands of IoT connected assets.
We are looking for Senior Frontend Developers that are eager to use cutting edge application development tools and techniques to deliver a best-in-class user experience. This incumbent will work with an innovative, cross-platform, customer-centric team, working in a high pace environment.
JOB DUTIES: As a Senior Front-end Developer, you will contribute to design and development of Caterpillar's digital applications.
* Design and develop scalable UI applications in a cloud environment (AWS/Azure)
* Provide technical leadership in UI technology standards.
* Provides guidance to project teams regarding UI guiding principles, system and application design, coding and design standards, best practices, and system performance and availability.
* Collaborate and pair with other development team members to design and develop new, scalable, secure, and reliable features and exciting experiences utilizing modern application development design patterns.
* Review the quality of designs and implementation of solutions implemented by the frontend developers/leads
* Mentor junior team members
* Collaborate with product owners and system integration engineers to ensure user stories that are developer-ready, easy to understand, and testable
* Write unit test cases including "destructive testing" to ensure adequate resiliency in production
* Write clean, maintainable code and perform unit tests and peer code reviews
* Optimizes design for performance, maintainability, scalability, extensibility as needed.
* Provides Tier III application support for application running in production
* Bachelor's degree in Computer science or Electrical engineering or related field
* 5+ years of software development experience and at least 1 years of leading Projects
Top candidates will have:
* Proven experience in many of the following
* Modern web frameworks such as Angular 2+ /React/Polymer
* Understanding of HTML 5, CSS3, ES6+ and Web components
* Application architecture patterns such as MVC, MVM and MVVM
* Test Driven UI Development (TDD) and Behavioural Driven Development(BDD) using testing frameworks such as Jest, Mocha, Karma, Jasmine, Supertest, Selenium, Cucumber etc
* Responsive Web Design and development
* Hands on experience of tools like Webpack, Gulp etc
* CSS pre-processors like SASS or LESS
* Cloud-based development in AWS or Azure
* In depth hands-on experience in NodeJS
* Strong understanding of web performance and tools for performance optimization
* Strong understanding of state management libraries like Redux, NRGX
* Exposure to modern web application framework such as RUBY on Rails, Spring MVC
* Experience in Less, CORS, OAuth2, jQuery UI, RequireJS, Backbone.js, Toastr is a plus.
* Integrating with and /or defining, developing and maintaining web service API's (RESTful, JSON-RPC) at scale
* Working with Node based development tools (including NPM, Yarn) to facilitate code formatting consistency, linting, testing, bundling etc.
* Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints.
* Passion for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a team-oriented environment.
* Demonstrated leadership on medium to large-scale projects impacting strategic priorities
Caterpillar is a manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives.