About the UnitThe University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment. Chicago Booth is proud to claim: -an unmatched faculty. -degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. -a global body of nearly 50,000 accomplished alumni. - strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities. As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment. For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/
The role of the Senior Front End Developer is to assist with Chicago Booth departments and departments that are looking to launch new websites and provide innovative digital solutions under the direction of the Sr. Director of Website Development and Optimization. The Sr. Front End Developer continually evolves and maintains a fresh, functional, compelling web presence that clearly conveys the University of Chicago's Booth School of Business (Chicago Booth) brand image. Work closely with the Sr. Associate Director of Website Development and Optimization to understand project objectives and assess the technical and digital requirements. Assist in all aspects of the web development cycle, which includes implementation, documentation, testing, deployment, Sitecore builds and support.
* Assist with developing new and existing reusable Sitecore (8.x MVC) components that can scale across multiple sections of the Booth website.
* Implements the development of applications, templates, and components for Booth Content Management Systems (Sitecore) under the direction of the Sr. Associate Director of Website Optimization.
* Provides website architecture recommendations to optimize information needed across web properties under the guidance of the Sr. Associate Director of Website Optimization.
* Shepherd web features and enhancements from concept through delivery.
* Work closely with the developers to ensure the assigned list of websites are optimally developed and launched in specified timelines.
* Follows best practices for the full web development life cycle, including adhering to coding standards, setting up and maintaining builds for continuous integration, designing and coding enterprise framework components, performing code reviews and SEO best practices.
* Build, maintain, and enforce a high-quality, standards-based, and seamlessly integrated online presence for Chicago Booth, including, but not limited to, websites and microsites, social media outlets, mobile presence, blogs, and emails.
* Helps to maintain and develop documentation for all web development project deliverables and ensure ease of use for end-user administrators.
* Work closely with front end developers to implement new design features.
* Continually monitor Chicago Booth's online presence for accuracy, consistency, and technical problems and escalate issues to resolution.
* Helps to optimize, and implement code to support successful ongoing website analytics capture and reporting requirements as well as collaborate with the Marketing Manager for metrics to support and provide strategic direction on continued refinement of analytics implementation.
* Perform, and facilitate, quality assurance checks on web development projects.
Education, Experience or Certifications:
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science or a related field, required.
* At least four years of professional web development experience is required.
* Experience working with the Sitecore Experience Platform in relation to MVC and xDB. Sitecore 8.x experience required.
* Modern front-end development experience required (HTML5, CSS, Jquery).
* Experience creating web services required (RESTful API, JSON, XML, AngularJS, HTML5).
* Experience integrating with 3rd party services, including social applications required (e.g. Facebook, Twitter).
* Experience with developing websites from Adobe Photoshop required.
* Experience developing and testing websites and emails for section 508 compliance, WCAG and cross-platform/browser and email client compatibility is required.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
* Understanding in the use of Content and Experience Editor, page/data template, content types, workflow, content authoring/approval process and content governance best practices required.
* Exposure to source control systems required, preferably Team Foundation Server (TFS).
* Strong interpersonal communication skills required, verbal and written required.
* Strong attention to detail required.
* Demonstrated track record of successful project and time management experience required.
* Ability to work effectively in both team situations and independently required.
* Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Pay RangeDepends on Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours37.5
Job is Exempt?Yes
Drug Test Required?No
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?No
Health Screen Required?No
Remove from Posting On or Before2019-08-25-07:00
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.