The Senior Forensics Associate will deliver hands-on client project work, provide support to more senior-level team members in investigation and expert witness projects, and help us evolve our growing practice through various continuous improvement initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Plan for and independently conduct forensic analysis as part of investigative / expert witness engagements (e.g. spoliation of evidence, misappropriation of trade secrets, employee malfeasance, etc).
* Independently develop work plans and understand what forensics artifacts might help answer common client requests.
* Demonstrate mastery of forensics tools used to analyze client data, such as EnCase, BlackLight, Axiom, and IEF.
* Perform forensic data acquisition / collection (performed onsite, in our offices, and remotely), in support of forensic investigations and electronic discovery matters. This will include a wide variety of data sources, such as endpoints, mobile devices, mail/archiving platforms, social media, enterprise collaboration platforms, etc.
* Ensure excellent client service and satisfaction on all Discovia engagements
* Other duties as assigned.
What You'll Need:
* 2-4 years of experience in Computer Forensics or Incident Response
* Possess one or more IT security or forensics industry certifications such as CISSP, EnCE, CCE, or similar
* Proficient in the use of EnCase or AccessData Forensic Toolkit or XWays or open-source forensic tools, as well as supplementary forensics tools such as Cellebrite, Blacklight, IEF, and so forth
* Strong mastery of data collection, preservation, and chain of custody principles and procedures
* An understanding of file systems, various computer hardware, and computer networking concepts
* Strong Mac, Linux / UNIX, other operating systems experience is a plus
* Programming, scripting, and/or database design experience is a plus
* After hours and weekends work sometimes required
* Ability to travel (expected 20-50%)
About Lighthouse eDiscovery
Lighthouse eDiscovery provides technology-enabled e-discovery services for companies and law firms.