New York-Presbyterian Hospital
LocationNew York, New YorkShift:Day (United States of America)Description:
Experience the Pride of a Mission-Driven Career
Join the patient-inspired team at NewYork-Presbyterian, and bring new meaning to your career. See how finance plays an active role in world-class care and caring. Thrive as a valued member of the team at New York's #1-ranked hospital (U.S.News & World Report), and feel the pride of mission-driven achievement.
Senior Financial Systems Analyst - Decision Support - SQL Experience Required
Step into the #1-ranked hospital in New York (U.S. News & World Report) in the mission-critical and growing Decision Support department. As a Sr. Analyst, you will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary finance and IT team to maintain and update the hospital's cost accounting system (EPSi). You will write SQL queries and scripts to update and create tables, extract data for uploading, reporting, analysis and data consistency checks. Export data to Excel and/or Access for reporting and summarizing in Excel. Analyze data systems and documenting data elements, data process flow. Develop automated and reusable routines for extracting requested information from database systems. Perform cross-functional activities including maintenance and/or research, analysis and provide feedback for EPSi upgrade/application modifications, including user and program documentation, testing and implementation. Assist in the system build of any major hospital technology infrastructure initiative that will impact EPSi system functionality. Assume responsibility for aspects of data management, and collaborate with Information Technology and Analytics partners. Thrive in a culture that rewards innovation and creativity. Join our enthusiastic team, and feel the pride of supporting world-class patient care.
* Proficient in EPSi, EPIC, Lawson
* Proven proficiency in cost accounting design/methodology and previous experience in healthcare preferred but not required
* Knowledgeable in maintaining health care decision support systems or SQL databases
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Access databases, Microsoft Excel, SQL language
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Accounting, or other related discipline
* Minimum of 3 years of related experience
* Strong data and analytical skills.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills; with an ability to translate technical language into terms that can be understood by various audiences.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
* #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
* 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
* 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
* 2018 "America's Best Employers." - Forbes
* 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
* 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
About New York-Presbyterian Hospital
NewYork-Presbyterian is one of the nation’s most comprehensive, integrated academic health care delivery systems, dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care and service to patients.