Pattern Energy Group LP is an independent, fully integrated energy company that develops, constructs, owns and operates renewable energy and transmission assets across North America and parts of Latin America. The primary focus is on wind and transmission, with limited investments in other generation technologies.
The Pattern Energy team has a history as one of the top North American renewable energy and transmission providers in the industry. The team is dedicated to delivering the highest value for its customers, partners, financial supporters and the communities in which it works, while exhibiting a strong commitment to promoting environmental stewardship and corporate responsibility.
Pattern Energy Group LP operates in the United States and Canada, with offices in San Francisco, Houston, San Diego, New York and Toronto. Pattern Energy Group LP's corporate headquarters are in San Francisco.
The incumbent will have primary responsibility for the administration and maintenance of the company's Hyperion, Blackline, and Microsoft Dynamics reporting systems. This position will also be involved in initial implementation and setup of Microsoft Dynamics 365 as the company's new ERP system with 2019 go-live as well as future upgrades and systems implementation projects. The incumbent will also have primary responsibility for liaising with internal users and stakeholders to ensure that the Company's accounting IT infrastructure fully supports both internal and external financial and managerial reporting needs.
This position's hours are nominally 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Incumbent must be willing to work reasonable overtime hours to meet closing and project deadlines and to travel as required.
Functional line of control for the purpose of management, performance and remuneration reviews is the Senior Manager, Consolidations & Financial Systems. This position will have a very close working relationship with Pattern's Accounting and IT groups.
Key internal relationships will include the corporate and operational accounting groups, IT, and the corporate tax, legal, and finance groups as well as other operational management as needed. Externally, key relationships will include Pattern's audit and tax firms as well as external consultants engaged to assist with future accounting IT projects.
The following reflects management's definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
* Manage Hyperion, Dynamics 365 Blackline maintenance and administrative functions.
* Support HFM in designing solutions using HFM release 188.8.131.52 and FDMEE.
* Experience in developing and maintaining all technical aspects of the HFM / FDMEE including scripts and data load rules. Assist with maintaining various system technical elements including changes to rules, new or updated web forms, etc.
* Maintain Hyperion and Blackline metadata, including extracting, loading, and updating the metadata structure and configurations in the development and production environments.
* Maintain and run the existing financial report inventory in Hyperion Financial Reporting Studio and SmartView. Understand the needs of end-users and design and build new reports to fulfil internal and external financial and managerial reporting requirements.
* Maintain systems documentation and assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance workflow of the department.
* Research and understand the full capabilities of Hyperion, Blackline and Dynamics 365 and proactively seek out opportunities to enhance the benefit of these systems to the Company.
* Assist with systems upgrades and application implementations by following established systems development life cycle methodology. Engage and liaise with external consultants as necessary.
* Implement training for Hyperion, Dynamics 365 and Blackline features for internal and external users and provide users with ad-hoc functionality and troubleshooting guidance.
* SOX process compliance and documentation required based on establishment of internal guidelines. Participation in internal and external audits as needed.
* Perform special projects as requested.
A Bachelor's degree is required.
Required Work Experience
Substantial experience with multi-tier, complex consolidations is required. Familiarity with Hyperion, Dynamics 365, and Blackline are highly desirable but not essential. The incumbent will be expected to become highly proficient in both systems, if not already well experienced. Experience implementing or upgrading major GL systems is highly desirable.
Experience in the power generation or energy industry is highly desirable. Familiarity with applicable industry accounting standards is highly desirable.
* Candidates should have minimum 5 to 8 years of experience in progressively advanced level related positions.
* Experience with public company level internal control environments is highly desirable. Recent SOX experience preferred.
* General knowledge of US GAAP required. Knowledge of IFRS and international accounting a plus.
* Experience in a fast-paced, unstructured, newly-public company highly desirable.
* Financial systems and reports administration
* SOX process compliance and tracking of compliance by others
* Process and customer-service oriented personality.
* Self-starter with ability to work in a fast paced unstructured environment.
Pattern Energy Group LP is an equal opportunity employer