Senior Field Install Specialist - Automation and HVAC Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The successful candidate will perform installation, commissioning, testing and start up, troubleshooting and repair of HVAC and Automation control systems across a wide range of electrical and mechanical equipment, including software and sequences that range from simple to complex in nature.
This position involves the installation and commissioning of electric/electronic and DDC control systems in commercial/industrial facilities. Be responsible for commissioning start-up and checkout systems using the software provided by engineering for large jobs or software possibly written by themselves in small jobs. Must be responsible for complete ownership of project in the field, coordinate with subcontractors/vendors as applicable and work with customers to obtain completion sign-off.
Experience with systems that involve advanced solutions such as EBI, Tridium, Echelon products, BACNET, Lonmark and other open technologies for building automation/integration solutions a plus. Assist sales rep with customer's requirements, meetings with customer and evaluating customer site specifics. Responsibilities may include commissioning and troubleshooting multiple projects simultaneously. Qualified applicants must be willing to travel throughout the service area, work with and without direct supervision, and work flexible hours..
Be the face of Honeywell to the customer and interact directly with end-users, peers, and competitors
Share knowledge of Honeywell solutions to enhance efficiencies and team ability
Become a technical expert for complex Honeywell solutions/product offerings
Key Responsibilities Inspect for Quality Install or Repair Work Orders Provide Customer Support
YOU MUST HAVE
* High School Diploma/GED
* 3 or more years of experience in Building Automation Systems, HVAC, HVAC Controls, Security, Fire Alarm, CCTV, Access, Building Management Systems, PLC, or other Automation Controls service or installation
* Valid driver's license required
* Associate, Technical college degree or BS in Engineering
* 5 years' hands-on experience in the HVAC and Automation Controls Industry
* Proficient in use of hand tools and instrumentation
* EBI, Honeywell temperature controls, network integration preferred
* Experience with HVAC, Automation and networks
* Strong knowledge of software and system integration concepts desired
* Building networks infrastructure knowledge is desirable (wiring, CAT, cables, fiber optics)
* AutoCAD experience a plus
* Able to work with limited supervision and be able to direct contractors and subcontractors
* Good communication skills
* Read and interpret project plans, blueprints and specifications
* Great interpersonal skills
* Basic computer and networking skills
* Build infrastructure electrical systems
* Maintain project schedule for field related activities. Keep detailed records of scope changes related to customer agreements and obtain written approval as necessary to document project impact (including costs & savings).
* JOB ID: HRD65426
* Category: Customer/Product Support
* Location: 22 Centerpointe Drive, La Palma, CA 90623 USA
How HON is Connecting the World
Honeywell International is a technology and manufacturing company that offers energy, safety and security solutions and technologies.