Are you excited about working directly with Microsoft customers and partners to ensure success as they move forward with cloud computing? Do you want to be part of an engineering team that is looking to get a new service off the ground? If so, keep reading!
We are the Azure Customer Experience (CXP) organization - a fast growing Engineering team of customer-obsessed & passionate individuals that drive positive customer outcomes and experiences.
FastTrack (FT) Engineering for Azure is our newest initiative; a customer success service to help customers confidently onboard to Azure and putting them on the right track to build it right, architect it right, the first time. FT takes a solution-centric approach and provides customers with Engineering resources, best practice methodologies, tools and additional resources that help drive Azure usage.
We are looking for thoughtful, analytical and high energy Azure FastTrack Engineers with a passion for Azure IaaS. These Engineers will form the core incubation team within FT and be instrumental for driving expansion of FT services across multiple Azure solutions.
* This is a remote role responsible for customers in our South region and will work out of a home office based in this region.
* The region includes Southern California and all states below the horizontal midline across the country to Florida, with North Carolina being the top of the region on the east coast.
Successful Candidate Competencies:
* Azure Data Migration experience - Experience with CosmosDB, SQL MI, ML, Databricks are key
* Analytics - Bots, LUIS, Cognitive Services
* Database experience - Cosmos DB, SQL Azure DB, MI, MySQL, PostgreSQL
* Bigdata - HDInsight/Hadoop, Machine Learning
* BAP - PowerBI, PowerApps, Microsoft Flow
* Familiarity with cloud deployment and development tools (ie. PowerShell, Visual Studio, Python, ADO)
* Familiarity with cloud networking concepts, connectivity (geo-redundancy, CDN, VPN) and tools
* Strong communication skills to effectively drive recommendations and land priorities across customers, partners, senior executives and across organizational boundaries.
* Dealing with ambiguity: must have the ability to take initiative and work in a fast-paced environment while balancing multiple demands and shifting priorities.
* Collaboration - collaborate on complex multi-faceted programs
* 4+ years of experience in product, project or program management or consulting
* 5+ Azure software industry experience, preferably driving large software engineering projects
* Ability to communicate effectively with corporate customers, possess an understanding of the onboarding process and demonstrate a vision for the future of Microsoft support.
* Excellent customer service skills, good oral and written communication skills, proven ability to handle difficult and sensitive situations involving the most critical and politically charged customer situations; to lead projects and to motivate others.
* Consulting and/or Delivery experience a plus
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* You will partner with various Azure Engineering subject matter experts to scope and build customer facing solutions, proof of concepts and deliver ADS's.
* Directly engage with customers to validate their new solutions and POC's;
* support our Product teams with customer specific feedback for their continuous improvement models.
* Help customers migrate and/or build workloads throughout their Azure journey toward production and expand their cloud footprint.
* Staying current on latest Azure/Cloud innovations in order to conduct experiments, drive product improvement, and act as subject matter trainer for other engineers.
* Interact daily with other FastTrack Engineers to provide technical action plans or take ownership of situations that require escalation.
* Share knowledge with others through solution documents and engage in technical communities
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.