As a Senior Experience Designer, you will be responsible for the visual design, navigation, organization, interaction design, and business/user process engineering for leading-edge Web solutions, software, mobile and other interactive devices.
What are we looking for in you?
We are seeking a Senior Experience Designer to join our Washington, D.C.-based studio. You will have strong experience applying user-centered design methods to translate user needs, business objectives, and technology capabilities into world-class user experiences for leading companies and the public sector.
* Collaborate with client stakeholders, developers and business analysts to define business problems and prototype solutions
* Prepare, conduct, and analyze behavioral research events, including stakeholder interviews, to understand key success factors for projects
* Execute participatory requirements gathering sessions, participate in debrief sessions
* Identify opportunities to create business value and improve the user experience
* Design user interfaces for large-scale Web-based applications where efficient task completion and fulfillment are critical for business success
* Maintain and update an interactive and visual style guide
* Present concepts to clients and internal stakeholders with research and best practice annotations
* Evaluate existing sites in terms of their usefulness, usability, efficient task completion, and layout
* Lead participatory design/user testing sessions; serve as lead experience designers in the sessions
* Identify and document meaningful patterns from the user research, audit the findings; provide recommendations to the client/internal team based on findings
* Lead development of personas/segmentations based on research findings; integrate personas/segmentations with related deliverables such as opportunity maps and wireframes
* Create strategies for persuasive design and present concepts to clients and internal stakeholders
* Promote systems thinking in design
* Develop Navigation Models, Primary and Secondary Navigation structure
* Develop Sitemap with all levels as required
* Analyze task flows, task decompositions and create optimal Task Flow
* Develop frameworks describing key aspects of proposed experience and how it reconciles business/user needs
* Create prototypes using tools such as InVision, Sketch, Flinto, Framer, Axure as required
* Mentor junior experience designers towards client delivery and excellence
* Conduct periodic Knowledge Sharing sessions
* Must be a U.S. Citizen; Eligible for U.S. Government Clearance
* Bachelor's Degree required from college or university
* Experience designing UI for complex web applications preferred
* Strong interaction design and visual design skills
* Understanding of designing for accessibility
* Experience working in prototyping tools such as Axure, Sketch, and InVision
* Ability to work on multiple projects or tracks of work simultaneously
* Excellent analytical and process-oriented skills
* Excellent verbal and written skills
* Ability to conduct in-depth functional conversations with technical team members
* Ability to work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary teams
* Prior experience in a consulting firm or agency preferred
* Capability to independently complete the work
* Knowledge of agile product environments and processes preferred
Flexibility and mobility are required for this role. There may be requirements to spend substantial time onsite with our clients to enable first-class delivery of services. Minimal travel is required.
Publicis Sapient is a digital transformation partner helping established organizations get to their future, digitally-enabled state, both in the way they work and the way they serve their customers. We help unlock value through a start-up mindset and modern methods, fusing strategy, consulting and customer experience with agile engineering and problem-solving creativity. As digital pioneers with 20,000 people and 53 offices around the globe, our experience spanning technology, data sciences, consulting and customer obsession - combined with our culture of curiosity and relentlessness - enables us to accelerate our clients' businesses through designing the products and services their customers truly value. Publicis Sapient is the digital business transformation hub of Publicis Groupe. For more information, visit publicissapient.com.
As part of our dedication to an inclusive and diverse workforce, Publicis Sapient is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at +1-617-621-0200.