* Primary Location: United States,New York,New York * Education: Bachelor's Degree * Job Function: Technology * Schedule: Full-time * Shift: Day Job * Employee Status: Regular * Travel Time: No * Job ID: 19017025
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
This role is for an Application Developer to work in the FX Technology Team based in New York. The team are responsible for all Front Office facing applications: Pricing, Risk, and Electronic Trading. Each developer is involved in the complete project lifecycle from requirements analysis and to design and implementation.
FXLM Technology is focused on delivering IT solutions to the FX and Local Markets Sales & Trading business. We have around 400 people with the core of our development effort based in the financial hubs of London, New York and Singapore where we face off directly to the trading desks. Our core strength is providing the technical expertise and software development skills that directly affect the ability of our business to generate revenue and several of our client facing applications such as Citi FX Velocity and FX Click are leaders in their respective markets. We are committed to hiring the brightest and best technical experts and in return can offer roles with direct business interaction on projects from electronic and algorithmic trading to grid based computation of real-time risk metrics.
The Price Distribution and Deal Acceptance Technology Team is one of the most exciting and fast-paced teams within FXLM Technology and is responsible for delivering the electronic Trading technology platform for the eFX business. The team are directly integrated with the Trading Desk and Quants, and deliver technology covering the major liquid instruments such as FX Spot, FX Forwards, Precious Metals and NDF. The team's responsibilities extend to all aspects of the electronic trading domain, including market connectivity, market data distribution and Co-Lo Infrastructure. The Price Distribution and Deal Acceptance platform is used by a wide range of clients such as external clients, ECNs, internal Spot desks, Internal Options desks, and our own Single Dealer trading platform (Velocity).
We are looking to hire a senior Java Developer to join the FX Price Distribution and Deal Acceptance project which is a core part of the global eTrading technology team. The role requires a high level of expertise in developing efficient, low-latency Java code that is highly fault-tolerant to ensure our business continues to operate 24/5.5. We are looking for a candidate that understands how to build and design highly concurrent software in an architecture that is appropriate for e-Trading applications. The role will require constant dialogue with the business and Quant teams, and designing, developing and testing highly performant java code in an Agile fashion for deployment into our co-located environments globally.
* Close interaction with Traders and Quants to understand new requirements for the Price Distribution and Deal Acceptance platform
* Enhancing the existing platform and developing new functionality, primarily in Java
* Take complete ownership of deliverables from inception to roll-out, working largely independently
* Mentoring and/or managing more junior members of the team
* Continual improvement of the software development lifecycle and quality of the product
* Second line support of the production system (a dedicated 24h support team handles 1st line)
* Other FX Technology teams, especially the wider eTrading team, Velocity, Pulse
* Infrastructure Team (STI & CTI)
* FX Trading Business
* Global Support Team
This role provides a good opportunity for the successful candidate to work on a project closely aligned to the FX business with direct PnL impact.
FX Technology is a global team covering a wide range of front office applications and this role would give a solid foundation in one of our key projects. The common architecture and approach across the group means there are many opportunities for career growth and mobility within our team.
* At least 3 years commercial Java development experience; ideally having more, which could be in another OO language (i.e. C++, C#).
* Experience developing low-latency, high performance software in Java
* Recent experience working within an eFX Technology Team is preferable
* Self-starting individual with experience of working in a desk facing role
* Experience designing and developing distributed systems using a range of middleware products