DISH Wireless is changing the way the world communicates. We're building out the first of its kind, ground-up network dedicated to M2M and IoT devices. Our immediate goal is building a network that will support the billions of coming devices and coverage in all major economic areas across America by 2020. We see a future of infinite connectivity built on a network dedicated to the new era of connected devices: A brand-new, standalone, 5G network unburdened by legacy infrastructures.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH Wireless.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
As part of the DISH Wireless 5G/NB-IoT Core Network Team, the Core Network Engineer will join the team of passionate engineers with start-up spirit to debug and test the world-class network solution. The candidate is expected to bring innovation and strong execution skills to the group, as well as the ability to both teach and work in a team environment.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
* Troubleshoot complex problems within the Evolved Packet Core (EPC) node elements such as SGSN, GGSN
* Work in a team environment, interacting with multiple internal teams and external vendors
* Work in a fast-paced environment with challenging timelines
* Provide clear communication, both verbal and written
* Create / update documents and processes for the team
* Provide Tier 2 level support
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful 5G/NB-IoT Core Network Engineer will have the following:
* BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or IT Systems and 3 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Fluency in 4G, LTE, and EPC network with telecom experience
* Linux background required as well as knowledge of VMWare, OpenStack and MS Excel
* Solid understanding of routing protocols, firewalls, TCP/IP networking, and sub-netting with operations experience
* Cisco experience preferred; Juniper is value add
* Ability to create and proof documentation, and successfully interact with management, engineering, NOC and vendors
* Critical thinker who can work alone, as well as in a team environment, providing clear and concise communications
* Ability to troubleshoot complex problems
* Experience with the implementation of the Ericcson EPC network is a huge plus.