Meet Our Team
At Pega, Enterprise Architects (EA) are looked to as thought leaders and trusted advisors by our customers as well as our presales team. An EA is a customer-facing enterprise-wide expert with broad technical and presentation skills, deep industry knowledge, and exceptional business acumen. EAs are subject matter experts in one or more categories that may include: business strategy, application/platform architecture, data & information, integration, security, cloud computing, mobile, and analytics. EAs are expected to have strong sales skills who use "challenger" sales methodology to engage with customers and define their transformation journey along with the steps to get there.
The primary objective of our EAs is to drive the Architecture Strategy, identify current state and define future state with a Roadmap, jointly with our customers based on their business priorities, goals and objectives. The EA team leads and supports the execution of Digital Business Transformation Engagements for strategic and select key customers jointly with the solution consulting team members.
Picture yourself at Pega
Do you enjoy solving the most complex business problems that organizations face today? Do you believe that the success of a digital transformation sits right between - a) unparalleled customer engagement and b) unprecedented operational efficiency? What if you could collaborate with talented and passionate individuals to craft innovative digital architectures/solutions and transformational strategies? Are you good at telling stories? … Sounds too good to be true? Come, join Pega! You get all of this (and in fact much more) in a single role at Pega!
What you will do at Pega
* Work closely with the account team (Sales, pre-sales, proffesional services) to understand customer strategy & requirements and help define the account plan, solution portfolio and architecture strategy.
* Work with executive-level clients to unlock new potential streams of business value by providing insight regarding enterprise transformation agendas and articulate design considerations, trade-offs, benefits, and recommendations for a technical architecture.
* Bridge the gap between the business strategy and technology enablers and drive value-based solutions and architecture strategy.
* Present strategic business requirements and current solution landscape to business as well as technical stake-holders and demonstrate how Pega can be a strategic and long-term partner in their digital transformation journey.
* Design technical architecture solutions that span multiple platforms and include intergration and authentication across systems.
* Develop "channel-less (omnichannel)" Target State Arcitecture and Roadmap presentations that are both industry based and infused with Pega solutions/technology including RPA, Marketing, Customer Service, Custom apps, ML, and IoT.
* Understand and manage client expectations to enable a successful partnership between client and Pega teams.
* Incorporate "design thinking" approaches where appropriate.
* Act as a trusted architect/advisor to executives.
* Stay current on the Pega roadmap, architecture strategy, customer successes, and value proposition across Pega's solution portfolio.
* Conduct Executive visioning sessions that create a common view of the "art of the possible".
* Continuously promote and communicate the value of Enterprise Architecture both within the solution consulting community, as well as in the broader sales and customer success organizations.
* Participate in all appropriate product/sales training, certifications, educational sessions and industry summits to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the role.
* Share engagement experience with the internal audiences and peers, conduct architecture workshops and other enablement sessions and mentor & guide junior architects.
Who you are
* A trusted advisor to CIO/CTO/EA level contacts and their teams as they look to accelerate their Digital Transformation journey.
* You have enterprise mindset and can help craft the future state architecture and "tell a story" as to how to get there.
* You are proficient building customer facing Architecture presentations, diagrams, and whiteboards.
* You possess strong presentation and communication skills and can communicate complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
* You have an entrepreneurial, creative and Challenger mindset with a passon for ensuring customer success.
* You have previous experience working in a customer facing Enterprise Architecture role within large organizations.
* You have a broad understanding accross various business domains and maintain a broad working knowlege of many technology areas.
* You can proactively develop customer relationships by listening, understanding and anticipating, and then providing solutions to customer needs.
* You are a strong leader capable of representing Pega on governence boards, technical and business design authorities.
What you've accomplished
* 12+ years of experience in the software industry, with extensive knowledge of software development and enterprise software technologies.
* 5+ years of experience in presales or a customer facing role.
* A broad understanding of, and ability to discuss modern Enterprise technologies such as a low code development platforms, business rules, CRM, case and work managementt, digital channels (e.g social , mobil, chatbot, email, voice assistants, etc.) CTI/IVR, analytics, reporting, cloud, IoT, robotic automation, biometrics, blockchain, artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data, web-technologies, content management systems (CMS), virtual environments (VMs), containerization (Docker and Kubernetes), and principals of modern platforms including SaaS, PaaS, multi-tenancy, etc.
* Solid understanding of common security concepts and standards (SSO, SAML, OpenID, OAuth, RBAC, ABAC, etc.).
* Advanced understanding of Integration Technologies and Protocols (ESB, MOM, Web Services, APIs, HTTP, REST, SOAP, JMS/MQ, etc.).
* Advanced understanding of Enterprise Information Technologies used to host, support, and deploy enterprise class business applications (Application Servers, Load Balancers, Proxies, Databases, Data Warehouses/Marts/Lakes, BPMS, Rules Engines, CEP Engines, Identity Management Systems, Containers, etc.).
* Advanced understanding of contemporary enterprise class software architectures and development practices (JEE, Frameworks, SOA, Microservices, Agile, DevOps, etc.).
* Familiarity with industry trends and analyst reviews such as Forrester, Gartner, IDC, etc.
* Nice to have any EA certification like TOGAF, Zackman, etc.
* Ability to present and perform product demos to both technical and business audiences.
Pega Offers You
* Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products.
* Continuous learning and development opportunities.
* An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment.
* Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, and employee equity in the company
Job ID: 6211
Pegasystems is a company developing customer engagement and digital process automation software.