What you'll be doing...
You will assess, define and create/evolve Enterprise Architecture artifacts (L1 and L2 architectures). Partner with technology and business leaders from multiple Verizon teams (across the enterprise) in defining and evolving the next generation Enterprise Architecture. Ensure consistency and technical alignment across Enterprise (across Consumer, Business & Corp Systems) groups.
* Define and evolve the Northstar Reference Architecture used by application teams enterprise wide.
* Create architecture blueprints leveraging technologies and architecture patterns like MicroServices architecture, event-driven architecture (EDA), containers, serverless computing, artificial intelligence/ machine learning (AI/ML) and data analytics.
* Assist multiple teams align their architectures and technology toolset to ensure reuse of skill and technologies across the enterprise.
* Support technology selections by validating that selected technologies address architecture needs.
* Design and develop a reference implementation (working code) that aligns with the Northstar Reference Architecture.
* Drive reference implementations (arch projects) independently (whether defining new /evolving architectures or supporting vendor product evaluations).
* Assist development teams with defining and implementing a transitional architecture (i.e. How they evolve where there are today to the Northstar).
* Work with and lead a small virtual team and work with a sense of urgency.
* Stay abreast with industry evolution in the architecture space.
* Conduct necessary POCs to validate new architecture patterns.
* Conduct brown-bags and assist other team members as necessary to complete architecture tasks.
* Perform advisory role to senior leadership and influence key technology decisions.
* Coach and mentor development teams.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Willingness to travel upto 10%
Even better if you have:
* Master's Degree
* Ten or more years of relevant work experience (having functioned as a Solutions or Enterprise Architect).
* Strong technical skills (breadth and depth) across multiple areas including Consumer, B2B and Internal channels.
* Six or more years' RESTful Web Services / API architecture experience.
* Experience in architecting, designing solutions for deployment on API management platforms (i.e. Apigee).
* Experience with Enterprise Security solutions and Practices (i.e. Secure Coding Practices, IAM Solutions).
* Experience spanning from Digital to Assisted to Packaged solutions.
* Experience with containerization platforms, such as Docker, Kubernetes, and PCF.
* Experience with cloud computing platforms like AWS, GCP and Azure.
* Experience with Domain Driven Design, API First Approaches, AI/ML, Data Governance, Analytics, Cloud and SAAS/PAAS platforms.
* Experience with Packaged Solutions (such as Siebel, Oracle, Peoplesoft).
* Experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
* Experience with both relational and no-sql databases such as Oracle, UDB, Cassandra, MongoDB and Amazon Aurora.
* Experience with App servers such as Nginx, Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere, WebLogic.
* Ability to code complex problems in Java, .NET, C, C++ or equivalent language and Mobile technologies (i.e. iOS & Android).
* Ability to create clear and detailed technical diagrams and documentation
* Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams.
* Problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues.
* Experience with AWS solutions (AWS Solutions Architect Certification).
* Communication & stakeholder management skills.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.