Senior Engineering Manager - Phantom Engineering Apps Team
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Splunk > Phantom is the only purpose-built Security Automation & Orchestration platform, and the first to provide an open and growing community for sharing playbooks, apps and new technologies. It makes security smarter, faster, and stronger.
We're looking for an experienced engineering manager to help lead a diverse team of engineers as we continue to innovate on our products. As a manager at Splunk, your primary role is to help your team reach its maximum potential through mentorship, staying engaged with our current projects, participating in design and technical decisions, and helping the team overcome any challenges that we encounter. While you won't be coding on a day-to-day basis, you should be comfortable with providing technical guidance when necessary.
As a leader in the Phantom Engineering group, you'll also be deeply involved in roadmap planning, structuring our organization, and collaborating with a large network of software and security professionals. Splunk's teams are distributed in multiple locations; the right candidate will need to have excellent communication and leadership skills which transcend the geographic divides.
* Working closely with the rest of the leadership and product management team on product strategy and roadmap refinement.
* Mentoring, growing, and leading multiple scrum teams containing individuals from multiple geographic areas.
* Hold regular 1:1s with direct reports, help them navigate challenges, and coach them for their career development.
* Lead the creation of features and product releases by being closely involved with the product development, design, and review.
* CI/CD is a top priority for us. A successful manager will champion code quality among the team by actively participating in code reviews, test plan development, and holding ourselves accountable for writing appropriate automated tests.
* Work closely with developers and architects on technical decisions throughout the development lifecycle.
* Work with other team leads from across the product organization on inter-area projects, help identify the critical paths of components, and resolve dependencies.
* BS in CS/EE or equivalent; MS Preferred
* At least 3 years of engineering management experience
* At least 6 years of software development experience in an Agile environment
* Demonstrated experience leading engineering teams focused on API backed web applications is strongly desired.
* Demonstrated experience as a technical lead on successful, large-scale software projects is ideal
* Passionate about good engineering practices, new technologies, and improving processes
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are key to working effectively with the team.
* Have experience leading distributed teams on multiple concurrent projects.
* Scrum master experience is preferred.
What We Offer You:
* A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
* A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
* Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
* A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.