Sr. Engineering Manager - Front End
Engineering management is a multi-dimensional role with our client, combining leadership, technical insight, product design thinking, and, above all, a desire to help others succeed. Reporting to an Engineering Director, you will manage a team of software engineers. Working with our product, design, and other engineering leaders, you will help us maximize not only productivity, but also engagement.
The Educator and Student Experience team is responsible for the entire user experience after account creation (search and discovery, Q&A, study tools, document management, and more). Along with leading the effort to build out a vast majority of our front-end applications, this role would also include building out a React UI component framework that can be leveraged by the entire engineering organization.
Here are some ways you'll make an impact
* You'll provide inspirational leadership for a team of talented engineers.
* You'll recruit, hire, and retain world-class engineering staff.
* You'll have strategic influence over business objectives and metrics, and will provide guidance on the technical requirements needed to meet them.
* You'll partner with product management and UX design teams in developing front-end applications, while helping to define the underlying APIs and backend services required to support them.
Are you our Senior Engineering Manager?
* You have 5+ years of software engineering work experience, including hands-on technical management.
* You have 5+ years experience coding in one of the following languages/frameworks: PHP, Python, Go, React, Angular.
* You have experience building React apps in a production environment.
* You have a good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
* You have experience recruiting and managing technical teams.
* You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
* You have experience working with teams using machine learning.
What We Offer You:
* Industry competitive salary and stock options
* Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
* 401(k) program with matching to help you save for the future
* Educational assistance program to support lifelong learning
* Regularly planned team events and outings
* Free lunches twice a week, cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
* Commuter benefits, cell-phone allowance, and a free gym membership
* Opportunity to make a meaningful impact - education technology is revolutionizing the way we learn
Our client envisions a world where every student graduates, confident and prepared. We are a privately held, mission-driven educational technology company that is profitable and growing. We're building the optimal learning destination for every college course. Our client's students can access over 20 million course-specific study materials and study resources to enhance their supplemental and deep learning experiences. We see more students that are confident and prepared when they can quickly find what they need and learn deeply.
We're not the only ones that think we're onto something big. Our client has been recognized as the 245th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte's 2018 Technology Fast 500 and also 2018's One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal.
Andiamo is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting their resume as an MS word document including a cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications, highlighting clearly any special or relevant experience.