Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you have a passion for Distributed Ledger Technology and desire to work at a high growth company? Do you enjoy working in a startup but want to launch a product with a huge community of customers? In this position you will work at the intersection of DLT and Big Data building solutions for many customers. At Splunk, we invest heavily in innovation, and are currently seeking a Senior Engineering Manager for our Blockchain and DLT team to join a driven and growing development team.
You are an experienced, hands-on engineering leader who is comfortable with managing and growing a software development team. You are passionate about technical details, CI/CD, software quality, and most importantly blockchain technologies. You are creative, collaborative, and ready to be flexible in a highly agile environment. You're not afraid to get your hands dirty once in awhile but you always keep the bigger picture in mind.
Roles and Responsibilities
* You will be a hands-on technical leader who will be involved in the technical design and contribute code from time to time.
* You will hire and retain top-tier engineering talent.
* You will meet regularly 1-1 with team members.
* You will serve as a mentor, coach and leader to create a culture of continuous improvement with a focus on delivering value to customers.
* You will work across the organization to ensure that your team has the resources it needs to succeed.
* You have knowledge of the Distributed Ledger Technologies space with deep expertise in certain areas such as Ethereum/Quorum, Hyperledger frameworks, and others.
* You have experience hiring engineers and growing a software development team.
* You have experience developing CI/CD pipelines and operating production systems at scale.
* You have experience reviewing and developing technical architectures.
* You have experience with different software development methodologies such as agile, scrum, and waterfall.
Additional skills & experience we like to have
* You have delivered big data analytics solutions (Hadoop, Spark, Splunk, etc) or distributed systems solutions.
* You have deployed software in cloud computing platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure) using containers and CI/CD.
* You have at least 3 years of experience as an engineering leader.
* You have at least 4 years of hands on experience developing distributed applications or big data solutions.
* Bachelors, Masters or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
What We Offer You
The opportunity to be a founding member of brand new capabilities and solutions integrated with DLT
* A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
* Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
* A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.