Duties: Perform core platform and tooling development pertaining to digital advertising, specializing either in keyword search or display and customer tracking at large scale. Leverage understanding of Java, Python, or PHP and RESTful web service development including various queuing technologies to develop new features for Wayfair's ad tech stack. Mentor junior engineers, and work closely with business requirements and stakeholders to achieve business results. Effectively lead multiple sprint teams in technology development and innovation. Act as a leader in hiring process and pipeline management. Drive the strategic roadmaps and initiatives.
Requirements: Requires a Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Information Systems, or related field and two (2) years of experience performing PHP and SQL design and development in an eCommerce environment or a related occupation.. Experience must include:
One (1) year of experience with the following (experience may be gained concurrently):
* Performing scripting using Python and Shell scripting, and version control using GIT or SVN;
* Employing engineering and optimization best practices regarding frontend web standards, code maintainability, page rendering and browser performance;
* Performing SQL database development including designing RDBMS, queries, triggers and stored procedures, performance tuning, and performing data ETL in MSSQL and MySQL environments;
* Utilizing Jenkins and Puppet to deploy application code into server environments;
* Interfacing with business product leaders and engineers to gather requirements and translate requirements into system and database design;
* Performing relational database design and conceptualization; and
* Developing distributed systems and performing big data analysis using Hive, Apache, Kafka or Hadoop.
Will accept an alternate combination of Bachelor's degree and five (5) years of described experience.
Experience may be gained before, during, or after issuance of advanced degree
First shift. Multiple positions available. Please submit resume to Wayfair LLC, 100 Huntington Avenue, 4 Copley Place, Boston, MA 02116 or via https://www.wayfair.com/careers/job/senior-engineering-manager/4339872002. Job Code: 5397.
Wayfair (formerly CSN Stores) is an online retailer of home products for bedrooms, living rooms, kitchen and dining, home entertainment, bathrooms and more.