L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
In this role you will help our team provide novel solutions to the US Navy and other customers. Candidates must demonstrate a solid understanding of sonar sensing applications, particularly for antisubmarine warfare (ASW) and undersea warfare (USW). Day-to-day tasks include detailed analysis of recorded sonar data, development of signal processing algorithms to improve system performance, and guiding / mentoring junior engineers. You will periodically support proposal efforts and assist in the planning and execution of subsequent awards. The ability to rapidly prototype candidate algorithms and clearly communicate benefits/tradeoffs is required. You will support our continuing Navy contract work, Research and Development initiatives, and new business opportunities pursued through Broad Agency Announcements (BAAs), etc.
L3Harris Adaptive Methods is a leading provider of advanced sonar signal processing solutions for the US Navy. Sample technologies include adaptive beamformers, adaptive detection processing, and information extraction for decision/classification. Our algorithms are driven by analysis of real sonar data and we work closely with our customers to solve their most pressing needs. • Analysis and exploration on sonar sensor data for active and passive systems
* Development of innovative signal processing algorithms to aid in detection, localization, and classification of contacts of interest
* Support proposal efforts through rapid prototyping of candidate solutions, technical writing, and development of proposal strategies
* Assist with planning and execution of research efforts
* Train / mentor junior engineers
* Advanced degree/coursework (or equivalent experience) in Signal Processing, Underwater Acoustics, or related field
* 10 years experience in sonar sensor systems technologies
* Excellent customer and industry peer-group communications skills, including technical writing and oral presentations
* Acoustic and non-acoustic sensor detection and classification
* Acoustic sensor/system performance analysis
* Underwater acoustic communications
* Underwater acoustic propagation modeling
* Adaptive beam forming or environmentally adaptive signal processing
* Matlab software development
* Anti-Submarine Warfare combat systems
* Proposal preparation experience
* Technical/Journal peer-reviewed publications in one or more of the sensor systems technology areas
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.