SAIC support the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E)) to advance the practice of Cybersecurity and Software Assurance (SwA) as system security engineering (SSE) disciplines that operate continuously across the Department of Defense (DoD) acquisition lifecycle. As an OSD staff function, we develop and review policy, acquisition and technical guidance, strategy, methods, and technology roadmaps; and work with the Military Services and Agencies (e.g., NSA).
SAIC seeks an Senior Systems Engineer to support the Director for the Joint Federated Assurance Center (JFAC) and Software Assurance (SwA). The ideal candidate will be a well-versed engineer with systems engineering knowledge of DoD weapon systems, software development, and the current Cybersecurity/Risk Management Framework process. The candidate will be an advocate for improving the DoD state-of-the-practice for Cybersecurity and SwA. The candidate will coordinate with the Military Services for the development of SwA policy, guidance, and best practice and support the development of Cyber/SwA-related DoD strategies, findings, assessments, recommendations and reports to DoD senior leaders. SAIC recently supported a special issue of the Cyber Security and Information Systems Information Analysis Center focused on DoD SwA. See
* Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline or related field
* Minimum of 7 years of technical experience in the areas of Cybersecurity, Software Assurance, Systems or Software Engineering, and/or System Security Engineering
* Prior experience working in a staff role, preferably at the OSD level
* Minimum of 2 years of Acquisition or Engineering experience supporting DoD programs of record
* Possess strong analytical, problem-solving, prioritization, task management and organizational skills
* Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment, communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment.
* Experience communicating with senior government leaders
* Active Secret security clearance and higher