Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof - All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
The Senior SAP IT Engineer will be responsible for providing SAP Basis administration and support within the Ulta IT environment. This position plays a key role in establishing and executing on the corporate strategy for the SAP environment including hardware, software, database and Basis procedures and architecture.
The role includes responsibilities related to project planning and execution for Basis related tasks. The technical support will require both proactive and reactive measures to ensure that the systems perform within the terms of their respective service level agreements.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Project Management: Defines, documents and carries out small projects. Carries out project approach with stakeholders, and prepares realistic plans (including quality, risk and communications plans) and documents activities against the project schedule, liaising with stakeholders as appropriate.
* Systems Integration: Designs and builds integration components and interfaces. Leads practical integration work under the technical direction of the system /service designer. Contributes to the overall design of the service and assesses the technical criteria for product or component selection.
* Business Process Improvement: Analyzes business processes; identifies alternative solutions, documents feasibility, and recommends new approaches. Contributes to evaluating the factors which must be addressed in the change program. Helps establish requirements for the implementation of changes in the business process.
* Capacity Planning: Develops and maintains standards and procedures for service component capacity management. Pro-actively reviews information in conjunction with service level agreements to identify any capacity issues and specifies any required changes.
* Customer Service Support: Liaises as the routine contact point, receiving and handling requests for support. Contributes to creation of support documentation.
* Lead the selection, development and implementation of innovative, technology-based SAP solutions.
* As a senior member of the IT team this individual will be a thought leader expected to stay up to date on SAP architecture and advancements and make recommendations regarding improvements to processes and procedures.
* May be responsible for managing third party partners, both onshore and offshore.
* Responsibilities include identifying and executing all required Basis tasks. This includes definition of scope, resources, and schedule. Basis tasks include, but not limited to, system design, system setup, system refresh, and transports.
* 3rd level support for all SAP Basis incidents.
* Backup & DR strategy
* Archiving and Purging
* Evaluation and implementation of new SAP tools
* Manage SAP Solution Manager, including system monitoring, and expansion of services
* Installation and setup of all SAP software and/or upgrades
* SAP Landscape planning and maintenance
* Performance monitoring and tuning of all SAP applications and HANA Databases
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or applicable work experience
* 7+ years of progressive IT engineering experience, including SAP Basis administration and experience with non-SAP technology
* Strong experience in ECC, S/4HANA, HANA DB, CAR, BW, Solution Manager, GRC, BOBJ, Data Services, and Fiori.
* Exposure to SAP Cloud Platform and configuring various services on SCP.
* Support secure communication (SSL/SAML/SNC) between systems.
* Archiving management using OpenText
* Familiarity with maintaining Vertex with SAP and non-SAP integrations
* Microsoft Windows Server 2012 or higher, and RHEL Linux experience
* Maintaining a sound production environment while at the same time participating in multiple projects with varying degrees of complexity
* SAP Retail experience preferred.
* Demonstrate decision making, problem solving and analytical skills with particular attention given to detail and accuracy
* Strong team player with proven experience to collaborate with other server, network, storage engineers and administrators
* Excellent communication skills; feels comfortable working with non-technical business partners
* Able to follow-up, follow through and deliver quality and timely results
* Able to prioritize workloads and adjust schedule to meet deadlines
* Able to adapt to rapidly changing technologies and apply them to evolving business needs
* Off-Hours support including 24x7 on-call required
* Minimal travel required (training/conferences)
About Ulta Beauty
ULTA Beauty is a beauty retailer.