The Madison Square Garden Company
The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment experiences. The company presents or hosts a broad array of premier events in its diverse collection of iconic venues: New York's Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, CA; and The Chicago Theatre. Other MSG properties include legendary sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams - the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and esports teams through Counter Logic Gaming, a leading North American esports organization, and Knicks Gaming, MSG's NBA 2K League franchise. In addition, the Company features the popular original production - the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes - and through Boston Calling Events, produces New England's preeminent Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG umbrella is TAO Group, a world-class hospitality group with globally-recognized entertainment dining and nightlife brands: Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Vandal. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com
Role SummaryThis position will collaborate and partner with external third-party design partners and build vendors to design, develop and implement new solutions to meet Connectivity requirements for Las Vegas, London and future Sphere venues. As part of the MSG Ventures Connectivity and Networking team, this position will be responsible for identifying, developing, and the testing emerging wireless, packet, and SDN technologies to support novel live entertainment technologies which include advanced audio, video, 4D/Sensory, AR and gaming. This position is also responsible for documenting platform strategies, roadmaps and requirements. Specific Functions/Activities Summary
* Collaborate in the development of an in-building 5G NR solution which enables spatial reuse of spectrum, network virtualization, and stringent quality of service in support of AR/gaming and 4D/sensory platforms
* Contribute to the development of heterogeneous networking architectures and design
* Formulate and execute tests in lab facilities and live venues
* Manage vendor development and testing
* Develop plans and designs for public cloud connectivity, ISP connectivity, and hybrid cloud
* Support network design for carrier (wireline, wireless) hand-offs
* Core competency is data networking (IP, EN) and advanced expertise in wireless and cellular technologies
* Experience with SDN and NFV architectures and deployments.
* 5+ years' experience with design, integration, and deployment of networks.
* Working knowledge of data center design, public cloud, hybrid cloud
* Experience working with major OEMs to optimizing live networks and manage roadmaps for future capabilities
* Experience working with ecosystem vendors in proof of concept trials.
* A passion for the latest wired and wireless networking architectures and technologies (cloud computing, AR/VR,5G, etc.)
* Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to establish relationships with internal and external partners
* Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a dynamic environment.
* Strong project management skills. Ability to juggle multiple projects and work with team members to deliver successful and timely results.
* BS degree in CS, EE, CE or equivalent.
* Preferred: Familiarity with A/V networking protocols and systems
* Preferred: Industry recognized certifications (e.g.,. CCNA, CCNP, CWNA, or CCIE)
* Preferred: Advanced degree (MS, PhD) in relevant CS or Engineering discipline
EducationCandidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred. Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role. EEO StatementAt MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health choices, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations.
About The Madison Square Garden Company
The Madison Square Garden Company is a live sports and entertainment provider.