Job Summary and Mission
At Starbucks, our mission is to inspire and nurture the human spirit - one person, one cup, and one neighborhood at a time. Starbucks Technologists work to achieve this mission through the use of cutting-edge technology delivered to our partners, customers, stores, roasters, and global communities.
This senior engineer position contributes to Starbucks success by delivering high-quality, reliable, and scalable technologies in support of the Marketing Technology offerings. This position is accountable for the software engineering of solutions that deliver quality personalization offerings to our customers. These marketing solutions will be delivered via multiple channels such as games, mobile apps, and web interfaces. This is a high visibility position within the modern marketing initiative.
The successful candidate is someone who enjoys bringing definition to complex technology initiatives, is skilled at navigating ambiguous new frontiers and is an expert at bringing technology and business value to the fore.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
* Ability to establish cross-functional, collaborative relationships with business and technology partners
* Ability to effectively manage and partner with technology vendors to deliver against business objectives
* Conducts research and makes recommendations on standards, products, and services
* Ensures application and infrastructure architectural solutions are stable, secure, and compliant with Company standards and practices
* Implements and maintains system configurations and baselines to support secure application development software control best practices and standards
* Education (minimum education level, degree or certification necessary):
* 4-8 years of professional industry experience with software development
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
* 5 years of experience in application development, preferable in the marketing space
* 5 years of experience in one or more of the following languages: C, C , Java, Python, Go, Perl and/or Ruby
* 3 years of experience with large-scale distributed systems
* Demonstrated experience implementing and managing high capacity, mission critical environments
* Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
* Proven ability to translate insights into business recommendations
* Knowledge in application development and supporting a development environment
* Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine)
* Knowledge in databases and comfortable with various databases technologies
* Knowledge and understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements, such as SOX, PCI, Data Protection, etc. S
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA , veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Starbucks is a chain of restaurants that retails handcrafted coffee, tea and fresh food items.