Ubisoft is composed of over 13,000 talented people located in 28 countries across the globe. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company's 30 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
With an expansive global distribution network, Ubisoft is also a company that stays in close contact with its local fans.
To learn more, please visit: http://www.ubisoftgroup.com.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Ubisoft Entertainment, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is currently seeking a full-time Senior Engineer Gameplay. We are looking for a highly talented, motivated and experienced person for a new multiplatform AAA project based in our San Francisco studio.
You will be developing game and system-level features, and coordinating with the production staff to ensure that feature goals were being met. You will work on a small collaboration-oriented team where you will have the opportunity to contribute in meaningful ways.
* Implement game features and systems
* Collaborate with the design team and technical leads on game features
* Works on tasks assigned by the Lead Programmer.
* Keeps player comfort into account when making implementation decisions
* Creates latency-free, reactive interactions.
* Prototypes features and carries out iterative playtests.
* Uses metrics to detect regressions in gameplay that harm the game feel.
* Studies game and level design documents, and gives feedback on feasibility.
* Identifies missing details in feature requests and breaks down the tasks into modules that can be implemented and tested.
* Be a reference for the Gameplay Programming team in relation to various Programming elements and find solutions to complex issues that arise
* Produces efficient code and participates in architecture and code reviews.
* Writes portable code.
* Solves bugs and issues.
* Manage workload and time autonomously within the tasks assigned and to deliver to specification and schedule
* Experience in gaming industry, with at least five years as Gameplay Programmer or similar position.
* Strong knowledge of C++, and solid understanding of object-oriented programming.
* Knowledge of at least one scripting language.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken.
* Passion for creating and playing many game genres.
* Autonomous and proactive attitude.
* Problem-solving and open minded attitude.
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Flexibility and ability to adapt to chang
* Strong knowledge of scripting languages (C#, Lua, Python, Perl)
* Previous experience working as a Gameplay Programmer in a FPS title is a plus
* Passion for videogames and extensive knowledge of different game genres across all platforms.
* Self-motivated and proactive.
* Positive attitude and a genuine team player
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft is a publishing and distribution company of interactive entertainment products worldwide.