Job ID: 151892
Location Name: CA-FSC SF Off (0174)
Address: 525 Market St, 32nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States (US)
Job Type: Full Time
Position Type (Regular/Temporary): Regular
Job Function: Information Technology
Our technology team works fast and smart. With San Francisco as our home, we take bringing new tech to market seriously, developing the latest in mobile technologies, scalable architecture, and the coolest in-store client experience. We love what we do and we have fun doing it. The Technology group is comprised of motivated self-starters and true team players that are absolutely integral to the growth of Sephora and our future success.
Your role at Sephora:
As a Senior Finance Systems Engineer, you will focus on solutions and technical approaches in the areas of Finance Planning, Analysis and Consolidations areas. Reporting to the Director of IT Finance, you will work pro-actively with the business to understand their strategic direction and how to support the execution of their strategies most effectively. In addition, you will:
* Engage with business teams within their area of responsibility to communicate and scope the functional IT plan aligned with overall IT plan.
* Work with stakeholders and IT teams to analyze, design, develop, modify, test, and implement software solutions and applications to satisfy Sephora's business requirements in line with Financial Systems Best Practices in Finance modules.
* Work with the other IT Business Process Functional Teams, Application Development Teams, and Technology Services Teams on complex integration requirements.
* Create Functional design specifications for programs and coordinate on the development with technical teams.
* Be a visible contributor on IT Service Management process. Be part of Plan & Build teams and work with QA Testing and RUN (Production Support) teams on end to end delivery of projects and production support.
* Comprehend and perform challenging configuration/development tasks and testing.
* Complete documentation of software solutions according to departmental standards.
* Research Financial Planning and Consolidations systems to bring innovative solutions to business requirements and implement business process improvements.
* Research new technologies and functionality, making recommendations on their use at Sephora.
* Demonstrate our Sephora values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, and Initiative.
We're excited about you if you have:
* 10+ years of experience in Finance Planning and Consolidation systems.
* 2+ years of system architecture, design and development experience in Anaplan and BPC systems.
* Ability to lead solutions on projects with a solid understanding of the Agile process; contributing to major project implementations.
* Proven experience successfully handling multiple projects, completing them on time, on budget and exceeding customer expectations.
* Experience in a retail environment is a plus.
* Exposure to SAP system Finance Modules and Data Warehouse systems.
* In depth knowledge and expertise of the functionality in the Financial Planning and Consolidations areas such as Cost Center Planning, CAPEX and Headcount Planning, Consolidations, Financial Statements and Reporting. Knowledge of Accounting is a major plus
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to sell concepts and ideas to a wide range of audience; effectively communicate complex concepts to all levels of the organization and the project team.
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
You'll love working here because:
* The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams - people you can be proud to work with.
* The product. Employees enjoy a product discount and receive free product ("gratis") various times throughout the year. (Think your friends and family love you now? Just wait until you work at Sephora!)
* The business. It feels good to win - and Sephora is a leader in the retail industry, defining experiential retail with a digital focus and creating the most loved beauty community in the world…with the awards and accolades to back it up.
* The perks. Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation/holiday time off, commuter benefits, and "Summer Fridays" (half-days every Friday between Memorial and Labor Day)…and so much more.
* The LVMH family. Sephora's parent company, LVMH, is one of the largest luxury groups in the world, providing support to over 70 brands such as Louis Vuitton, Celine, Marc Jacobs, and Dior.
Working at Sephora's Field Support Center (FSC)
Our North American operations are based in the heart of San Francisco's Financial District, but you won't hear us call it a headquarters - it's the Field Support Center (FSC). At the FSC, we support our stores in providing the best possible experience for every client. Dedicated teams cater to our client's every need by creating covetable assortments, curated content, compelling storytelling, smart strategy, skillful analysis, expert training, and more. It takes a lot of curious and confident individuals, disrupting the status quo and taking chances. The pace is fast, the fun is furious, and the passion is real. We never rest on our laurels. Our motto? If it's not broken, fix it.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
SEPHORA has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997 then launched stateside in 1998, and is currently home to 200 world-class brands - including its own private label, SEPHORA COLLECTION. Sephora's curated assortment features more than 14,000 products including makeup, skin care, perfume, hair care, body, professional tools and more. Sephora is the beauty education hub, offering consultations at the Beauty Studio, a variety of complimentary classes, one-on-one service from Personal Beauty Advisors, and exclusive retail technology SKINCARE IQ, COLOR IQ, and FRAGRANCE IQ. Sephora is an international force in beauty, and its award-winning website and ever-growing presence on social-media make it the world's premier digital beauty destination.
Sephora is a company operating a chain of personal care and beauty stores.