What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you're a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes * Career & Development Opportunities * Full-time * Entry, Mid, Senior level
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon is seeking a Senior Engineer, Enterprise Technology Release to join and expand our distinguished team to lead coordination between the businesses and DoD officials on critical technical release and disclosure and foreign military and direct commercial sales issues in support of highly complex international business objectives.
The Senior Engineer is responsible for achieving favorable DoD release approvals through coordination between the businesses and USG officials on critical release and disclosure for highly complex international captures, specifically Low-Observable / Counter-low Observable, anti-tamper and exceptions to national disclosure policy, including on co-production and co-development technology transfer and other technical issues such as encryption, GPS, and cyber security. In addition to this role, the Senior Engineer will serve as an instructor/subject matter expert in Raytheon's IIS Export Review Board (XRB).
* The Senior Engineer is responsible for developing and maintaining trust-based relationships with key members of DoD staffs, including from the Tri-Services Committee, the Anti-Tamper Executive Agent, U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, the Missile Defense Agency, and the Defense Technology Security Administration, among others. * This position must build and sustain productive working relationships and networks across several DoD agencies to actively promote Raytheon's reputation, business objectives and to resolve key release and disclosure issues. * The Senior Engineer will assist and guide Raytheon programs as they navigate through the U.S. Government's release and disclosure processes. The position will coordinate across businesses, their Export Review Boards (XRB) and various government agencies in support of 20-30 captures or international efforts simultaneously at any phase of the business cycle. The position will be directly involved in establishing standards and training business unit and functional leaders on LO/CLO, program protection and other technical best practices. As such, the position will be the RII lead with the Engineering function and the XRBs on enterprise technical and compliance issues. * This Senior Engineer must identify critical paths for early and sustained engagement throughout DoD implementing agencies. The position must lead cross-functional efforts among business units, their XRBs and Raytheon International, Inc to deliver relevant and timely information to DoD stakeholders, and to respond to queries from Raytheon senior leaders. * Established and recognized expert on the U.S. Government's Low-Observable / Counter Low-Observable and/or anti-tamper release and disclosure processes. * Establishes and maintains trust-based relationships with the relevant DoD technology experts and represent the company in discussions with DoD members responsible for export approvals. * Responsible for understanding and communicating the U.S. Government's issues and concerns with specific exports so they can be addressed in Raytheon's interactions with customers and in export license applications. * The Senior Engineer will report to the IIS Systems Engineering Director, with day-to-day responsibilities directed by the Vice President, International Release and Implementation for Raytheon International Inc. in Rosslyn, VA.
* Twelve plus years progressive experience working with military/defense customers * Relevant experience working with DoD release and disclosure offices * Detailed understanding of DoD technology release and disclosure processes such as LO/CLO - Tri-Services Committee, anti-tamper, electronic warfare, information assurance and encryption policies * Detailed knowledge of Raytheon technologies that will be subject to release and disclosure reviews * Demonstrated ability as a cross-functional team leader * Understanding of U.S. Government foreign military sales and direct commercial sales staffing processes * Understanding of defense industry export license submission process and the U.S. Government review and approval process through the Departments of State (DDTC), Commerce (BIS), and DoD (DTSA) * Strong oral and written communication skills demonstrated by successfully developing and presenting technical material to a Government audience * Ability to communicate highly technical issues to business executives and corporate decision makers * Successful builder of relationships and trust with customer * Strong problem solving skills - ability to understand customer issues and concerns and be able to map out a satisfactory company response/approach that enables meeting company business objectives * Current DoD Top Secret Clearance and eligible for SCI clearances
* Minimum of 3 years' experience working directly with the Low Observable / Counter Low Observable Tri-Service Committee to include Briefing and Decision Memorandum development/writing * Existing positive relationships with the relevant DoD offices (Tri-Services Committee, MILDEP LO/CLO offices and implementing agencies, DSCA, DTSA, MDA, NSA, etc) * Prior experience in Government
Required Education (including Major):
* Bachelors' Degree and 12 years of related work experience required or 20 years of related work experience in lieu of degree. Majors include: Engineering; International Affairs; Business Administration; National Security Strategies
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 141440BR 141440
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Top Secret - Current
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.