Beachbody, the leader of in-home fitness programs and nutritional products, is on the lookout for top-notch talent. We're an equal-opportunity employer who offers competitive compensation, incredible benefits and perks, not to mention a laid-back office filled with smart, friendly people and positive energy. We also provide free Shakeology, onsite gyms, flexible work hours, and cool product discounts. Are you ready to help us achieve our goal of helping people live healthy fulfilling lives?
The Senior Engineer, Cloud Database will provide administration, management, and oversight of the organization's Database systems (Aurora, DynamoDB, MySQL and Redshift) that supports Beachbody front-end websites, Data lake, blogs and mobile applications. The individual filling this role will work with various IT groups and business users defining, prioritizing, and executing moderately complex tasks ensuring support on all related business needs. The individual filling this role reports to the Director of Databases.
You're Right For This Job If You can:
* Work under general direction. Use discretion in responding to moderately issues, review your own work at frequent milestones and determine when issues should be escalated to a higher level.
* Interact and exert influence over colleagues, stakeholders and external partners.
* Perform moderate work and non-routine in a variety of environments.
* Apply methodical approach to resolution of moderately complex issues.
* Demonstrate an analytical and systematic approach to issue resolution.
* Plan, schedule and monitor your work competently within deadlines and according to standards / quality expected.
* Be a team player and contribute fully to the workings of the team.
* Demonstrate communication skills and identify and negotiate appropriate personal development opportunity.
Skills and Experience:
* Minimum of 6 years of experience working with MySQL, mariadb, percona databases and/or other databases.
* Minimum 2+ years of experience with AWS RDS (Aurora, DynamoDB and Redshift etc.)
* Should support/Administer i.e. manage, maintain and monitor Aurora databases in AWS and on-prem mysql databases.
* Perform 24x7 advanced tier troubleshooting, including off-hour maintenance and optimization activities, problem resolution, and on-call.
* Possess a working knowledge of database internals including locks, waits, transaction consistency, data integrity, recovery paths etc.
* Knowledge of containerization such as docker or kubernetes and EKS services would be a huge plus.
* Must have performed mysql/aurora (cloud) database upgrades and patching with minimum downtime (rolling upgrades/patches).
* Should have experience in migrating on-prem MySql databases to RDS using different methods like DMS, Replication etc.
* Should have worked directly with developers and engineers to review database models and design, indexes and queries.
* Perform database backups and recovery.
* Must know techniques of backing up tables, databases, utilities for backup and restoring them to a point-in-time or restore a master.
* Design and build Disaster Recovery strategies
* Should possess strong architecture knowledge and concept of infrastructure, storage, networking and databases.
* Should have reasonable understanding of network , security and access concepts on the cloud (AWS) such as VPC, security groups, NACL's, bastion servers etc.
* Should possess strong security concepts and data protection strategies including encryption and fine-grained access controls.
* Implement proper security and access controls and keep the databases patched for security vulnerabilities.
* Should have sufficient knowledge of hardware and software load balancers.
* Must be familiar with all replication technology: master-master, master-slave, circular etc.
* Must possess expert troubleshooting skills of cluster and other database wait events, concurrencies, bottlenecks etc.,
* Possess Experience and expert knowledge of configuring and monitoring, tuning and improving performance of database and slow queries.
* Work with applications (web or client-server) on infrastructure/systems with caching tiers that impact performance and availability.
* Design and model data structures and help identify slower SQL queries and then tune them.
* Evaluate and recommend hardware, versions of Linux and Database for new installs.
* Perform Capacity planning and evaluate database growth.
* Plan capacity, scale performance and make the databases highly available.
Beachbody, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, creed, age, physical or mental disability, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: Beachbody does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Beachbody employees, or any other company location. Beachbody is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Beachbody provides fitness, nutrition, and weight-loss programs for customers.