Wayfair.com is a leader in the e-commerce space for all things home. The Distributed Computing team is looking for smart, passionate and curious people who are excited to help us scale, support and engineering our distributed analytic and streaming infrastructure. With the broad reach of the technologies we are using you will have the opportunity to grow your network and skills by being exposed to new people and ideas who work on a diverse set of cutting-edge technologies. If you are the type of person who is fascinated by engineering extremely large and diverse unstructured data sets and if you are passionate about troubleshooting challenging technical problems that in-memory or on-disk batch processing bring along, we should talk. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will join one of our core platform teams as a key contributor to the development of our tooling to manage our big data and messaging systems. You will be expected to:
* Provide high quality contributions to our automation suite with a mind to follow best practices and an equally high degree of autonomy.
* Work with senior leadership to architect solutions and ensure that we deliver the right functionality, in a timely manner, and
* Mentor junior engineers to develop the next generation of Wayfair engineering.
In this hands on role, you'll be able to see how your work powers the data science, analysts and the operations team to do their daily jobs more effectively. What You'll Do:
* Consult with our internal customers on their requirements, document and build tooling.
* Build specs and test plans and get them approved by stakeholders.
* Build automation and/or tools that adhere to the specs.
* Build best in class CI/CD pipelines
* Optimize or fix issues in open source products such as Kafka Connectors, Kafka Mirrormakers, etc for running Wayfair's production workloads
* Work closely with our Ops team to understand their day to day issues and recommend automated solutions to solve their problems.
* Lead and run Subject Matter Expert programs for Spark, Hive and other platforms to spread the knowledge of our supported platforms to our large and diverse user base.
* Build and deliver Kafka connectors for moving streaming data from Kafka to HDFS.
* Build tools/dashboards to report on important metrics for Hadoop jobs.
* Update Project Tracker with time spent on each project and update the status.
What You Have:
* Bachelor's or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field required with at least five (5) years of software development experience
* Strong knowledge of Kafka
* Programming skills: Python, Scala, Java, SQL
* Operating Systems: Linux and Windows
* Expert level programming skills
* Strong agile SDLC background
* Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
* An analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
* An interest in working hard and being challenged in a fast-paced environment, and having fun while doing it
About Us: Wayfair is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair (formerly CSN Stores) is an online retailer of home products for bedrooms, living rooms, kitchen and dining, home entertainment, bathrooms and more.