Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today's entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building features that developers love
DigitalOcean's Storage Team builds and runs cloud-scale distributed powering internal and customer-facing services and products. We're creating flexible and powerful solutions that our customers will leverage to ship their software as quickly and easily as possible. We're looking for engineers to work on this team, and to own end-to-end responsibility from design, implementation and continuous improvement of DigitalOcean storage systems. This engineer will work on a team to develop software across the whole stack of our current and future systems. This role reports to the Engineering Manager of the Storage team. This job can be worked remotely or from our offices in NYC and Cambridge, MA.
What You'll Be Doing:
* Program in Golang, C/C++, Python & Ruby
* Work on technically challenging distributed systems
* Work with an agile, self-managed team of peers
* Contribute to a free/open source platform and community at large
* Development of our Block Storage system, with flexible opportunities on Object Storage
* Work with interesting technologies such as Go, Docker, Kafka, Elasticsearch, and more
What We'll Expect From You:
* Experience as a software engineer, developer, or programmer
* Proficiency in one or more of following programming languages: Go, C++/C, Python, Ruby.
* A fluent Linux shell user with deep understanding of Linux operating systems
* Strong system troubleshooting skills with cloud operation/production experience
* Demonstrated knowledge with storage systems performance analysis
* Proficiency with the use of data stores like MySQL, ZooKeeper, and/or Consul
* Experience with Docker or other container technologies
* Passion and experience shipping well-engineered and tested code
* Bonus: Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef
* Big Bonus: Experience with a distributed storage system such as Ceph or experience developing similar storage products
Why You'll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
* We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our "no jerks" rule very seriously.
* We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You'll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you'll get even better.
* We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
* We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
* We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We're also very remote-friendly-we use Slack to communicate across the company-and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs-whether remote or in office.
* We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!