Thales Defense & Security, Inc. is seeking a Senior Embedded Software Engineer for our Clarksburg, Maryland office who is experienced in C++, Python and Embedded Linux.
Thales Defense & Security, Inc., is a global company serving the defense, federal, and commercial markets with innovative solutions for the ground tactical, airborne and avionics, and naval/maritime. In addition to mission-critical communication systems, the company provides helmet-mounted displays and motion tracking technologies; SATCOM terminals; advanced sonar systems; and simulation. Further, Thales Defense & Security, Inc. serves as a gateway for technology, leveraging Thales-wide solutions-such as combat management systems; naval, airborne, and ground ISR; and electronic warfare-to address U.S. requirements.
Key contributor in new wireless communications equipment for use in tactical military applications:
* Perform software design in embedded Linux, C++/Python, Coding, Unit Test and Integration Test in agile environment without technical assistance
* Serves as technical lead in software development project
* Provides technical assistance in developing proposals and bids
* Provides technical guidance to junior level software engineers
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to contribute effectively to assigned projects. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Minimum BSCS, BSCE or BSEE
* 4 years or more of experience in Software Engineering
* Significant experience with Embedded Linux, C++, and Python
* Possesses knowledge of practical and theoretical embedded software design as it applies to communication products
* Proven experience working on embedded systems in a Linux environment
* Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Focus on continuous improvement and innovation
* S. Citizenship is required. The applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
* Position will be based in Clarksburg, MD
* Experience with Virtual Machines (VM), ARM processors, hypervisors, and SE-Linux is desired
* Familiar with Agile practices and methodology (XP and/or SCRUM)
* Familiar with Atlassian tools and git SCM
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. Thales is an E-Verify employer.
Thales is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for a position with Thales, please call Human Resources at 240-864-7549.