Inscape (an Affiliate of VIZIO Inc.) is an industry leader in advertising solutions through automatic content recognition. We capture live viewing data from content sources across millions of Smart TVs and devices. Our comprehensive metrics deliver highly accurate, cross-platform viewing behavior. We enable advertisers and content producers with important insights that help them develop a deeper understanding of audiences, make more intelligent ad-buying decisions and be better prepared for changes in the market place.
Inscape is located in San Francisco and is a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment focusing on our data collection and ad tech functions.
We are looking for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer to deliver Inscape's ACR and DAI client on multiple television platforms. The Senior Embedded Software Engineer will work with product and OEM engineers to build out cutting edge content recognition and direct advertisement insertion functionality.
The Senior Embedded Software Engineer will:
* Design, develop, code, test and debug embedded software on Vizio and partner television platforms from requirements to production and commercial deployment
* Integrate and validate new product designs with the Inscape cloud system
* Support internal software, product, and QA teams
* Assess third party and open source software
* Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of platform resources
* 10+ years proven work experience in software engineering
* BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
* Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
* Solid programming experience in C and C++ a must, python experience a plus
* Proven experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems
* Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
* Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems
* Strong documentation and writing skills
Inscape Data, Inc, a subsidiary of VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Vizio designs, manufactures and markets high-definition LCD/LED flat panel televisions and other home entertainment products.