Senior Software Engineer - GPS
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. The Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
The L3 Interstate Electronics Corporation Division was founded in 1956 and for over 60 years IEC has played a key role in the most successful defense system of modern history. Headquartered in Anaheim, CA, IEC is a recognized industry leader in defense and security solutions, providing critical technology advancements in the areas of GPS/ Position Navigation and Timing, and Range and Test Solutions.
L3 is seeking a highly motivated software engineer for their GPS software development team. Successful candidates perform complex professional software engineering assignments requiring experience covering a range of the GPS domain within a team environment.
Involvement may include all software development life cycle project activities under very general supervision and following broad generalized procedures with direction from more senior level engineers, including software requirements analysis, preliminary and detailed software design, code, test, verification, documentation and product release per the L-3/IEC software process. Performs task assignments of moderate complexity requiring a general knowledge of GPS system principles and concepts, signal processing, navigation, military applications, receiver interfaces, and operation.
You will demonstrate success by having:
* Hands on experience that includes recent lab activities integrating with, and debugging on target hardware or developing within a desktop simulation environment.
* Demonstrates a desire and the ability to learn a complex SW architecture and GPS user equipment.
* Experience supporting end user integration..
* Works effectively under general supervision to consistently and accurately estimate and deliver individual assignments to plan.
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
* Position requires a Bachelor or Master's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering,or Mathematics (STEM) or related discipline, and five or more years of related professional software development experience in C (or two to five years of experience with a M.S. degree), along with a passion to pursue a career in embedded Software Engineering.
* The ideal candidate will have prior background with 1 or more of the following:- GPS concepts with a focus on position, velocity and timing, user host interfaces, navigation user equipment, or military GPS receiver operation and defense background.
Special Requirements: This position requires the ability to meet and maintain eligibility requirements for U.S. DoD SECRET security clearance. US citizenship is required.
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies is a company developing advanced defense technologies and commercial solutions in pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space.