Are you passionate about building cool devices and technologies? Microsoft Experiences + Devices Group is enabling people and organizations to succeed at home, school and at work by delivering intelligent products they trust and love to use. Creating these devices involves a close partnership between hardware and software engineers, designers, and manufacturing. We are currently building the next generation of products and we need you!
We are looking for a talented person for the role of Senior Embedded Software Engineer.
Our team is building next generation edge devices focusing on ambient audio, speech interaction, AI and intelligent cloud to complement Surface product experience. Start-up mindset is key part of your personality, and you're willing to contribute in all areas of product development to ensure success. Products are your passion, and no detail is too small to ignore.
* 5+ Years of embedded software development experience.
* Ability to design, develop and debug embedded systems
* Good knowledge of one or more of following: RTOS, audio & speech technologies, connectivity (BT, Wifi, USB), power management, memory management, driver abstraction, etc.
* Agile development process
* Enthusiastic, attention to detail, results oriented, organized, motivated and self-driven
* Occasional traveling.
* MSc/BSc degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
* 8+ Years of embedded software development experience.
* 3+ years of managing people
* Demonstrated track record of leading product teams
* Good written and presentation skills. Ability to provide timely and concise reports to upper management.
* Experience with hardware design
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
* You will have the opportunity to work at the cutting edge of software and hardware, driving delivery of both current products as well as helping to define the future of our systems.
* Define the system architecture. Lead a group of internal developers and external partners to deliver scalable embedded software (firmware), drivers, tools, in a fast-paced environment.
* Design and implement software for embedded devices.
* Work closely with the HW team to drive the product vision and to define SW dependencies and needs.
* Be part of the product cycle for the device, from the bring-up, validation, debugging and sustaining.
* Participate directly on the product vision and roadmap by being aware of new innovations in the field, new and competitive technologies and ecosystem evolution.
* Collaborate with Windows and other internal and external partners to develop best of breed solutions that are leverageable across multiple architectures and product generations.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.