L3 is seeking a Senior Embedded Software Engineer with real-time embedded software development experience who wants to be part of a team developing next generation tactical satellite communications (SATCOM) systems. The ideal candidate will have technical skills and experience, passion for software development, and a sense of ownership. This position is responsible for design and development of new systems as well as new features and support for existing systems. The candidate must have extensive experience troubleshooting and debugging systems in the lab.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Design and develop embedded software solutions from requirements to production.
* Derive software requirements from system requirements.
* Document and present software design to peers, cross-functional teams, and customers.
* Implement robust and maintainable code and develop unit tests.
* Participate in design and code reviews.
* Evaluate, troubleshoot, and verify software in the lab with physical hardware as well as in simulation environments.
* Analyze and optimize system performance.
* Demonstrate consistent ability to solve problems independently.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or other technical field.
* We will consider Engineers from staff (at least 8 years of experience) to principal level (at least 12 years of experience), or equivalent combination of years of experience and education.
* Expertise with C and C languages, software version control systems and bug tracking systems is a must.
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to thrive in a fast paced, agile, results-oriented environment as an individual contributor and as an effective team player is required.
* Experience with SEI CMMI policies and procedures. * Knowledge and experience of object-oriented programming, TCP/IP networking, and distributed programming.
For over 45 years, employees have enjoyed the opportunity to grow their careers and make an impact as we execute our mission to be the premier communications and signal intercept solutions provider for those who protect freedom around the globe. Every employee has an opportunity not just for a career, but to make a difference for the customers we serve. With some of the brightest and most dedicated talent in the industry, we achieve our purpose through outstanding service, business agility, technical excellence and personal commitment, while maintaining profitable growth. We center our business around our core values of teamwork, customer satisfaction, integrity, respect, and a positive attitude. Specializing in designing, developing, and delivering sophisticated communications and signal intercept systems to a wide array of government and commercial customers. Our work includes: bandwidth-efficient satellite and line-of-sight voice, data and control modems, voice and data radios for delivery to worldwide markets, complete terminals, antenna systems, small, lightweight, lower power, man-portable and multi-platform tactical Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) systems, integration of sophisticated intelligence systems into mobile platforms, and information processing systems and services.
Must be able to travel 10% of the time.
We have an ongoing commitment to independent research and development and the creation of new technology. We offer employees a variety of challenging and meaningful projects that directly impact the business, as well as competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), at least 10 paid holidays each year, 3 weeks of paid personal time off, a 9/80 workweek (26 Fridays off a year!), undergraduate and graduate education reimbursement, and support for leadership and technical growth and development.
For timely processing, please submit your application online at www.l3Tjobs.com; Job #106216. L3T is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L2Tprovides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3T maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Equal opportunity employer - minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identify. To learn more about our company and technologies, visit our website at http://www.l3T.com/.
Should you require a reasonable accommodation in applying for a position, please call 858-552-9500.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.