OGSystems - Company Overview
Why be a government contractor when you can be a government innovator? Come work for an organization that has creativity, innovation, and drive rooted throughout its DNA. We are not like the others.
At OGSystems we don't just create the best solutions we execute them in collaboration with our customers. Creating the best solutions starts with the best ideas and that requires the best people. We want people willing to out hustle the haters until they ask if we are hiring. Own The Outcome and join our culture of innovation and creativity.
Embedded Software Developer
Clearance: Active Top Secret with SCI Location: Centreville, VAEducation: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related fieldYears of Experience: 8+ years of experience (with 5+ years expereince as an embedded firmware engineer)
OGSystems is seeking talented individuals unafraid to tackle tough technological challenges on behalf of our client. If you're fearless, and able to thrive in dynamic, real-time situations this opportunity may be the perfect fit.
OGSystems a Parsons company, specializes in solving complex problems on a daily basis. We're looking for the "best people", smart creative problem solvers, capable of working with our customers in an operational environment creating software tools that meet critical national security needs that make our world a safer place. The right candidate will be an integral member of a highly skilled and dynamic team developing state of the art cyber capabilities.
The ideal Embedded Software Developer will deliver creative solutions to software challenges having unique performance, size and execution requirements. More specifically, you will be expected to harness your experience with embedded software development for various platforms using the Linux development environment, knowledge of networking protocols and OS concepts to work with a team pushing the limits of what's possible. Opportunities include Linux device drivers and kernel modifications, writing high-performance C code for both Linux and RTOS environments and exploring the latest hardware technologies available.
The Embedded Software Developer will be responsible for:
* Embedded programming/software development for various platforms using the Linux development environment;
* Knowledge of networking protocols and OS concepts;
* Knowledgeable in Linux device drivers, and kernel modifications;
* Capabilities with writing high-performance C code for both Linux and RTOS environments;
* Experience in dealing with "Big Data" crunching with Hadoop, coding high speed applications in C++, web front end work, or building Java enterprise level solutions.
Defense Contractors typically put 'seats-in-seats' simply to fill FTE count, or low-bid projects to pick up whatever work they can muster. OGSystems is different. We seek the "best people." Talented people who are interested in solving hard customer problems by coming up with innovative solutions.
We provide our customers with unique capabilities and expertise that other companies lack. We're a high-performance organization that leverages immersive engineering principles, focused on finding the "best people" to tackle our number one priority, the customer's critical mission. Our ideal candidates are those excited by taking on technological challenges and eager to grow and learn.
* BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or related field
* 8+ years of related work experience (with at least 5 years of experience as an embedded firmware engineer)
* Programming language fluency in C/C++
* Embedded OS principles like memory management and caches, memory addressing, SMP
* Software development principles, data structures, pointers, and algorithms
* Familiarity with network protocols, TCP/IP stack
* U.S. citizenship
* Active Top Secret with SCI
* Linux kernel and device driver programming
* Familiarity with RISC assembly (MIPS, ARM, PowerPC, etc.)
* Cross compilation, GNU make tools, open source development tools
* Protocol Analysis - Knowledge of how IP/Serial based protocols work and how to reverse their format including checksums, MACs, encoding formats, HTTP, XML etc.
* Network configuration and debugging, Wireshark
* Encryption - A good understand of how symmetrical and asymmetrical encryption works, certificate chain of trust, crypto weaknesses etc.
* Script programming (Python, bash, etc.)
* Challenging work in support of US Intelligence Community - a Mission that Matters!
* Access to our State of the art custom facility.
* Crazy smart and collaborative coworkers.
* Regular engagement with company leadership
* Support for new ideas & encouragement to take risks
* Life Insurance
* Disability (Short and Long Term)
* Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* 401(k) with company match
* Paid Time Off
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Stock Options *Based on Career Level
OGSystems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.